Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Borders for data with across phrase

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Borders for data with across phrase
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a request like this.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
BY SEATS
ACROSS COUNTRY ACROSS MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
I want the borders on dealer cost data when the country changes.
For example, I want to have a right border between England and Japan. I tried many ways with the style sheet attributes but no use. Border does not display at all.
Please advice.
Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ReddyP,

7.7.01,windows2008 R2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Your style sheet is going to impact html and pdf, but not so much excel. that's not going to get much bang for the buck with html styling.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I've been working with CSV and Excel files for a little while now and I have been trying to get borders to work as well.

I have even tried the Alignment Grid and still nothing. I would be interested in knowing some answers to this as well.

susannah is right though. Styling will only work in HTML and PDF as they work great for my reports in those formats.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows Web Server 2008
MS SQL Server 2000
Excel,CSV,PDF,HTML

Posts: 71 | Location: Kingston, ON | Registered: May 03, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
search thru Waz's posts, he uses microsoft office tags, writes fexes with defined text fields containing microsoft formatting... sheer genius.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try this on for size...
SET PAGE = OFF
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
BY SEATS
ACROSS COUNTRY ACROSS MODEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=GREEN, BORDER-STYLE=DASHED, FONT=COURIER, SIZE=9, COLOR=BLUE, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,$
TYPE=HEADING, HEADALIGN=BODY, COLSPAN=8, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD,$
ENDSTYLE
END
... and let me know your thoughts... (freebie)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Beautiful! Very artistic!

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Cool Thanks Danny...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi ReddyP,

As per our IB Technical Staff they provided the following:

You can get the count of rows for each country and then use the count as the column number in the style section to have border-right.

This is not all the code needed but its a start

TABLE FILE CAR
COUNT *
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS COLNUM
END

-READ the colnum and use the values to parameterize the styling

-EXIT

Will give you the following:
PAGE 1

COUNTRY COUNT *
COUNT
ENGLAND 4
FRANCE 1
ITALY 4
JAPAN 2
W GERMANY 7

Then you would have to read each row and create &erVariables to create the inline style section.

-*The following will create the report that they want BUT .. look at the style section
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM

CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
BY CAR.BODY.SEATS
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ACROSS CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
$

$ The code below would have to be parameterized for the column number using the count above.

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N6, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N6, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N10, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N10, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N12, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N12, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N19, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N19, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Let us know if this and the suggestions above helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Butler
Information Builders

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug. Your solution works beautifully.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2