Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FLEX: Refreshing an ibiDataGrid using a new seturl value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FLEX: Refreshing an ibiDataGrid using a new seturl value
 Login/Join

posted
I need to be able to refresh the data contained within the ibiDataGrid using a dynamic url.

For example:

. The ibiDataGrid is first loaded using the seturl method: seturl="{fex}". The bound variable is declared in the mxml document:

[Bindable]
public var fex:String ="http://localhost/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=xmlData&IBIAPP_app=baseapp";

. The xmlData.fex pulls back, by default, 3 months of data. So far, it works great. I’m using several ibiList controls using this datagrid as a parent and they all work fine and filter perfectly.

Now the issue...

. Using mxBig GrinateField controls I’ve added to the Flex app, a user can enter a customized date range by selecting a start date and end date to retrieve historical data.

. Once custom dates are selected, the user clicks a Submit button that creates an internal customized URL of: "http://localhost/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=xmlData&IBIAPP_app= baseapp&STARTDATE=20090101&ENDDATE=20090916".

. I’ve been unable to figure out how to reload/refresh the ibiDataGrid with the results using the new URL I’ve created

In my tests I can load a DataGrid/ibiDataGrid using the ActionScript method, but when I do, the ibiList controls I have attached to the grid no longer work.

Is there some trick to getting the ibiDataGrid to refresh provided a new seturl=’’ value?

The reason I’ve opted to go this route opposed to pulling in all historical data to start with is speed. It takes way too long for Flash to process all of the possible historical record data when it won’t be used very often.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Kelly
WF 7.6.6, Win 2K3 SP2, Tomcat

Posts: 19 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: January 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
After you set the url call:

IBICANVAS01.reloadData("yourGridID","");

with IBICANVAS01 being the name of the IBI canvas.

Bob

Prod: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Test: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Databases: MS SQL Server, Focus DB, Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Bob.

Using the reloadData does reload the the DataGrid. However it still insists on using the original fex value and not the new one.

I've set the original variable:

[Bindable]
public var fex:String = "http://qtdenvwfd13/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=brt_xmldata&IBIAPP_app=bcd";

The datagrid references the bound variable:

ibi:ibiDataGrid id="mainGrid" left="20" right="10" top="10" height="100" seturl="{fex}"

A submit button's click event calls a function that changes the fex variable using the values from the date controls, and then reloads the data as you specified:

fex = "http://qtdenvwfd13/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=brt_xmldata&IBIAPP_app=bcd" + "&STARTDATE=" + startDate.text + "&ENDDATE=" + endDate.text;
mainCanvas.reloadData("mainGrid","");

This does in fact cause the mainGrid to refresh, but not with the new dates. I've run it in debug mode, and it looks to me like the new fex variable is being created as it should. Maybe there is something easy I'm missing?

Kelly

quote:
Originally posted by BJones:
After you set the url call:

IBICANVAS01.reloadData("yourGridID","");

with IBICANVAS01 being the name of the IBI canvas.

Bob

Kelly

posted Hide Post
The way you are doing it looks fine, I'm not sure what the issue is. I would throw an 'Alert.show(fex);' right before the reloadData to make sure the url looks ok.

Bob

Prod: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Test: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing. I tried both an alert and trace after setting the variable to its new value. It all looks good to me. If I enter the fex value into a browser, the report loads as it should.

Kelly

posted Hide Post
If you can reproduce a simple example with the car file I'll look at the mxml file and see if I see anything. I'm working on this same type of stuff and I'm not having any issues.

Bob

posted Hide Post
Bob, I went back and created a simple example w/the CAR file and wouldn't you know -- it worked perfectly.

So in looking back at my original procedure, I found I was using a -SET command in my .fex to set the &variables during my original testing. Well, I never changed the -SET to -DEFAULT and that's all I needed to do to get it to work (argh!). So each time the procedure was running it was reseting the variables instead of accepting new ones. It always seems to be these simple things that get ya. Smiler

Thanks for your help! Adding the IBICANVAS01.reloadData("yourGridID",""); worked perfectly.

Kelly

posted Hide Post
Hola que tal

Yo use este codigo con su ayuda pero no me funciona

My code

< ![CDATA[
[Bindable]
public var direccion_datagrid:String ="";
private function llenar_datagrid():void
{
direccion_datagrid = "http://172.20.21.11:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIAPP_app=aplicacion&IBIF_ex=xmltest";
gidd.seturl = direccion_datagrid;
inter.reloadData("gidd", "");
var temporal_mensaje:String = gidd.seturl;
}
]]>

WebFocus 7.6.9
Windows
HTML