Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     show columns in drill-downs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
show columns in drill-downs
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
ok, here is my problem:

i have a report (table) with summaries and create a drill-down of the summaries.
if the value is "0" in one of the summary fields, then there is no column shown in the drill down; as if they were ignored... i would like to see the header of the column an maybe the zeroes in the column-fields! is this possible, an how does it work?

thanks for helping me Wink

- ernst

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
<IBI Sean>
posted
Ernst:

A few questions for you.
1. Have you tried setting EMPTYREPORT=ON
2. Is the "0" a real zero or a NODATA value?
3. Is this HTML output?
4. Can you provide a simplified code sample?

This should be doable, it's just a matter of if it will be automagical using the EMPTYREPORT or some other WebFOCUS feature or if you will have to add some logic in to handle this special situation.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IBI Sean:
hi sean, of course i can post some code..hope i didn�t cut off too much Wink

as you can see: emptyreport is on,
the nodata is set to '0'
and its html output

hope you or someone else has an idea
for my problem... thanxxx!!!!

**report**

SET NODATA = 0
SET ALL = PASS
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
TABLE FILE STUNDEN
SUM
STD
BY
JAHR
ACROSS
BANK
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
$
TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
FOCEXEC=QZDDJHAW(ORDERS=N1 JAHR=N2),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

**and here ist the drill-down: QZDDJHAW**

JOIN STUNDEN.PROJEKT IN stunden TO ALL SUPERPRO.PROJEKT IN superpro AS J1
SET NODATA = 0
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
TABLE FILE STUNDEN
SUM
STD
BY
ORDERS NOPRINT
BY
JAHR NOPRINT
ACROSS
BANK
WHERE ORDERS EQ '&ORDERS' AND JAHR EQ '&JAHR';
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

<IBI Sean>
posted
Ernst:

Not quite sure I'm following what you want the output to be. Using similar logic as your drill-down against the CAR file, with a WHERE clause that results in no data being returned I do get column headings as expected.

SET EMPTYREPORT=ON
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'USA' ;
ENDPAGE 1
CAR SEATS
Perhaps you can show an example of what your desired output would be. If your WHERE clause produces no resulting rows of output, then I don't understand how you want rows to be displayed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps you can show an example of what your desired output would be.
ok, here is a "picture" how the drilldown should look, and how the output is in real:

Report:
YEAR | USA | Europe | Asia
----------------------------------------------------------
2000 | 100 | 85 | 10
2001 | 110 | 105 | 0
2002 | 105 | 95 | 0

Drilldown -> Year 2000 show Months (it looks like this, and is ok!)
MM/YY | USA | Europe | Asia
01/00 | 30 | 20 | 0
02/00 | 40 | 25 | 5
03/00 | 30 | 40 | 5
Drilldown -> Year 2001 show Months (should look like this, but doesn't)
MM/YY | USA | Europe | Asia
01/01 | 40 | 30 | 0
02/01 | 40 | 35 | 0
03/01 | 30 | 40 | 0
Drilldown -> Year 2001 show Months (but it look like this)
MM/YY | USA | Europe |
--------------------------------------------
01/01 | 40 | 30 |
02/01 | 40 | 35 |
03/01 | 30 | 40 |
concerning CAR: it isn't installed at our server and clients Frowner
maybe, you can find a solution, when you see
the tables above..

thanx a lot!
ernst

<IBI Sean>
posted
Hi Ernst:

Now I think I am seeing what's going on so I am going to take a stab at this. You will probably need to define your columns to create this report. Since your ACROSS field doesn't values all the time, you need to force it to always have values. I am not sure if your sample syntax and sample output go together exactly, but I'll try to make them fit.

DEFINE FILE STUNDEN
USA/I5 = IF BANK EQ 'USA' THEN STD ELSE 0 ;
Europe/I5 = IF BANK EQ 'Europe' THEN STD ELSE 0 ;
Asia/I5 = IF BANK EQ 'Asia' THEN STD ELSE 0 ;
END

TABLE FILE STUNDEN
SUM USA Europe Asia
BY ORDERS NOPRINT
BY JAHR NOPRINT
WHERE ORDERS EQ '&ORDERS' AND JAHR EQ '&JAHR';
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

That may not be exactly what you need but it should point you in the right direction. By the way, if you not only need to force columns to be displayed for missing data but also rows, then you need to look into using FML or the MacGyver technique.

I hope this helps!

Report This Post
<Manjari>
posted
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I am getting counts for each course. When the count is 0, that course is not showing up on the list. Can someone tell me how to make it display the courses with 0 counts?

What is the FML or the MacGyver technique? Can someone please, elaborate on that? That might be useful to my problem.

Thanks a lot!

Report This Post
<IBI Sean>
posted
FML (Financial Modeling Language) has been called several by different names over the years (EMR, FRL, FML). Though mostly used for Financial Reporting, it can be used for other reporting needs as well. It's strength lies in the ability to perform inter-cell calculations and style down to a cell level. Developer Studio has a graphical tool for writing these types of reports and FML is a variation on the standard TABLE FILE syntax.

MacGyver Technique is not a language syntax but a FOCUS reporting technique. It allows you to reference the same record (ie row) in a database n-times in a given TABLE request. It is named after MacGyver, from the TV series, because it is a technique that can be used to solve all kinds of challenges (just like Mac always could!). Check out the techsupport.informationbuilders.com website and do a search on MacGyver for Techniques and Publications.

Report This Post