Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Date Formatting for Calendar control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] Date Formatting for Calendar control
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am using the calendar control through the HTML composer.

On my calendar control no matter what I set as my "Date format in data source" the calendar contol sends my DB something like BETWEEN '19011204' AND '19051206' .

If I manually type in the boxes 01-09-2010 then it processes properly and sends
BETWEEN '20100109' AND '20100109' ... and I get data.

I have date formatted as 2009-01-01 in my database and in my master file source format is just Date. In my fex I am only using the date as a parameter.

And in the calendars when you pick a date it shows in the box as yymdd , not what I want either.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

8002 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For me it works fine. The calender presents the dates in the format I specify and also the dates are in the request as entered. I specified the format to be YYMD, and as a consequence I need to enter it in YYMD format, and the values are transported back to WebFocus in my & vars as YYMD.

What exactly is it that you need?
Please post the code you have already...and indicate where things go wrong in your view.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The DEFCENT command (default century) may get you past the year coming in as 1901. After that you could use EDIT to rearrange the date pieces into your data's format

-SET &TEST = EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'$$$$9');
-SET &TEST2 = EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'9999') ||'-'|| EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'$$$$$99') ||'-'|| EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'$$$$$$$$99');
-SET &TEST5 = EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'9999') ||'-'|| EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'$$$$99') ||'-'|| EDIT(&BEGIN_DATE,'$$$$$$99');
-SET &BGNDTED = IF &TEST EQ '/' THEN &TEST2 ELSE &TEST5;

8105 Tomcat and AIX reporting server
input: Teradata, SQL, DB2, Essbase, Oracle, text
output:html, excel, PDF,

Posts: 35 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: May 30, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I am a newbie so I appologize if my reponses are vague in anyway....(and I am using 7703 with hotfix 2).

My problem is really with the calendar control in HTML. It seems confused, like I pick June 5, 2012 from the calendar, what ends up in the box is 12/06/05 and what appears in the sql (I have a sql tracker turned on ) is 19051206. So it is reading what is in the box as month day year , but what is in the box if formatted wrong.

What I want is to pick June 5, 2012 from the calendar, have 06/05/2012 show up in the box this would result in '20120605' in the SQL.... and work.

If I manually type 06/05/2012 in the box and do not select from the calendar, everything works fine. So it is really getting the calendar control to put that format in the box when I use the dashbaord that I have a question about.

I have attached my fex code and the code excerpt from my query:

Here is my fex code :

TABLE FILE IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF
SUM
CNT.IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.VISITID WITHIN J13.IBI_TABLE_PATIENT_CLASS_DSC.PATIENTCLASSNAME AS 'COUNT,IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.VISITID'
BY J13.IBI_TABLE_PATIENT_CLASS_DSC.PATIENTCLASSNAME
WHERE ( J12.IBI_TABLE_LOS_DT.DISCHARGE_DT GE '&StartDISCHARGE_DT.(<10/1/2009,10/1/2009>).Report Start Date.' ) AND ( J12.IBI_TABLE_LOS_DT.DISCHARGE_DT LE '&EndDISCHARGE_DT.(<10/1/2009,10/1/2009>).Report End Date.' );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL' 'IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.IBI_TABLE_ID_XREF.VISITID'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

8002 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Open your page in HTML Compser, click on the Calendar box, select parameters, and, in the dropdown under Date format in data source, select the MDYY format...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry heres my HTML also :

<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}

<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls3";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,rltdyncalendar);

<script id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript>

<script id=IBI_nlsVars src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nlsvars.js" type=text/javascript>

<script id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript>

<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);
addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");

HtmlPage
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload

//Begin function button1_onclick
function button1_onclick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
//End function button1_onclick

<script for=window type=text/javascript eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }

<script type="text/xml" nextelementuniquenumber="5">

8002 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
We don't need your code, AND, you need to put "code" between the </> tags...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry , cut of my post Here is part I think you may need:

<script id=IBI_loadcalendar type=text/javascript>
if(ibigblInitInfo.testOptions(rltdyncalendar)){
setDateRange();
setupDocCalendars();
}

<script id=IBI_loader type=text/javascript>
doBeforeLoad();

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,
The "Data Format in Data Source" box seems to be doing nothing. I can change it to MDYY and (T4."Discharge_Dt" BETWEEN '19051206' AND '19051206') still ends up in SQL. For giggles I changed it to
wrMtrDYY and still get (T4."Discharge_Dt" BETWEEN '19051206' AND '19051206'). The diplayed date in the calendar box also remains as 12/06/05.

Thanks,
Tara

8002 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Check the Properties box for your calendar control and make sure the property Name is the same as the variable name your focexec expects. Also check in the Parameters tab that your calendar control parameter (same as the property Name) is bound to the calendar control.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Click on the calender control in the HTML Composer, then select Properties and Settings from the View Menu. You can set the calender format that will be sent to your report in this dialogue box.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Dan -
Yeah that was IT!! I changed the Name and Unique Identifier and it works !
Thanks,
Tara

8002 Windows