Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dynamic prompt name in Variable Editor

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7657079466

January 07, 2014, 02:26 PM
BobV
[CLOSED] Dynamic prompt name in Variable Editor
Is there a way to create a dynamic prompt name in the variable editor based on the value in a previous selection?
Here's what I have:
WHERE HI_LEV_DESC EQ &HI_LEV_DESC.(OR(FIND HI_LEV_DESC,HI_LEV_DESC IN CRS355)).Select a Business Line.;
WHERE REG_DIV_NM EQ ®_DIV_NM.(OR(FIND REG_DIV_NM,REG_DIV_NM IN CRS355)).Select a Region.;
WHERE DIST_REG_NM EQ &DIST_REG_NM.(OR(FIND DIST_REG_NM,DIST_REG_NM IN CRS355)).Select a District.;
WHERE BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM EQ &BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM.(OR(FIND BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM,BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM IN CRS355)).Select a Branch.;
That is: if the actual value selcted in 'Select a Business Line.' = 'A' then the prompt as name would be "Selecet a District" instead of "Select a Region."
hopefully this makes sense.

thanks Bob

[ Did not attempt suggestion, co-worker found Java code to do it. Post closed]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8
January 07, 2014, 06:26 PM
susannah
piece of cake if you were using a launch page and wrote individual fexes for each of your 4 selections. and then chained them.
but you're using some autoprompt thing, which i no longer use, for this (and other) reason(s)...
In my model, fex2 takes the value from fex1 as a default parameter, and it it were to find 'A' then you can write fex2 to create a suitable dropdown list.
If you want to bite that bullet, holler back.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID