Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]How to prevent a drop down list overlaid

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]How to prevent a drop down list overlaid
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

I have a GUI designed in HTML compose (7.7.03) that contains several drop down lists with multiple selections. The issue is that when a multiple dropdown menu is expanded, its list of items is overlaid(covered) by the other dropdown lists beneath it.
I have tried the following things to bring the menu up to front:
1/ Changed the Z-INDEX.
2/ Used property options "Bring to front" and "Move forward".
3/ Deleted and recreated it.

Thanks for your help.
Pku

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pku,

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to use listboxes instead of dropdown list? Also, the order of the xml nodes for the dropdownlists may be the cause of this. You may be able to rearrange the xml to solve your issue.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Yea, I just confirmed it. The order of the drop down input control xml nodes matter (basically the order you created the dropdowns). I would backup the html file and then reorder the xml nodes so that the dropdowns closer to the top of the page appear first.

BTW This problem only seems to happen when the dropdown is multiselect and multiple values have already been selected and the user is going back in to change the values.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, J. I got it resolved now by playing around with the right click options: "Bring to front" and "Send to back" on the controls. By doing this, it might change the order of the input control of XML dropdown nodes as you suggested.

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows