Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     FOC280 Error Message

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FOC280 Error Message
 Login/Join

posted
I have not been able to figure out a way to understand the errors that are returned when attempting to run a report in the Managed Reporting environment.
I am attempting to develop a new report and need some help interpreting the following error message:

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 24 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC280) COMPARISON BETWEEN COMPUTATIONAL AND ALPHA VALUES IS NOT ALLOWED
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

Is there a place where these messages are documented?

Posts: 26 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The comparison of computational with alpha members often occurs in a define or compute where you forget the format and the field defaults to integer:

For example:

COMPUTE ZYZ = ABC;
COMPUTE XYZ/A4 = 3;
If ABC is alpha the error is generated. Or in the second case you may or may not get an error depending on the version you are at.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I have been able to narrow down the problem. I am wanting to create a report that will run for a particular date range. I have begin date and end date variables which the user will enter. The dates they enter will be compared to a date field on the table. Any suggestions as to how I can specify that my parameters are date fields?

Posts: 26 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is how I run reports for a user specified date range. The user enters the start date and end date as text (e.g. 01/01/2005), and WebFocus adds the time information to compare it to a DateTime field in a SQL database.

WHERE ( CUST_CREATED GE DT(&startDate 00:00:00) ) AND ( CUST_CREATED LE DT(&endDate 23:59:59) );

Posts: 1 | Location: Cranston, RI | Registered: April 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you have WebFOCUS documentation (printed or CD), there should be an appendix at the end of the Creating Reports manual (Appendix B in mine) that will either provide descriptions for all erroe messages or tell you how to issue a command to find the text for a specific focus error.

Here is an excerpt from my manual:

To display the text and explanation for any message, issue the following query command in
a stored procedure
? n
where:
n
Is the message number.

The message number and text displays, along with a detailed explanation of the message
(if one exists). For example, issuing the following command

? 210

displays the following:

(FOC210) THE DATA VALUE HAS A FORMAT ERROR:
An alphabetic character has been found where all numerical digits are
required.

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post