Focal Point
FOC280 Error Message

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7701068331

May 18, 2005, 06:52 PM
awbradley
FOC280 Error Message
I have not been able to figure out a way to understand the errors that are returned when attempting to run a report in the Managed Reporting environment.
I am attempting to develop a new report and need some help interpreting the following error message:

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 24 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC280) COMPARISON BETWEEN COMPUTATIONAL AND ALPHA VALUES IS NOT ALLOWED
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

Is there a place where these messages are documented?
May 18, 2005, 07:34 PM
Leah
The comparison of computational with alpha members often occurs in a define or compute where you forget the format and the field defaults to integer:

For example:

COMPUTE ZYZ = ABC;
COMPUTE XYZ/A4 = 3;
If ABC is alpha the error is generated. Or in the second case you may or may not get an error depending on the version you are at.
May 18, 2005, 07:54 PM
awbradley
Thanks for the input. I have been able to narrow down the problem. I am wanting to create a report that will run for a particular date range. I have begin date and end date variables which the user will enter. The dates they enter will be compared to a date field on the table. Any suggestions as to how I can specify that my parameters are date fields?
May 18, 2005, 09:00 PM
jwaugh
Here is how I run reports for a user specified date range. The user enters the start date and end date as text (e.g. 01/01/2005), and WebFocus adds the time information to compare it to a DateTime field in a SQL database.

WHERE ( CUST_CREATED GE DT(&startDate 00:00:00) ) AND ( CUST_CREATED LE DT(&endDate 23:59:59) );
May 18, 2005, 10:18 PM
dwf
If you have WebFOCUS documentation (printed or CD), there should be an appendix at the end of the Creating Reports manual (Appendix B in mine) that will either provide descriptions for all erroe messages or tell you how to issue a command to find the text for a specific focus error.

Here is an excerpt from my manual:

To display the text and explanation for any message, issue the following query command in
a stored procedure
? n
where:
n
Is the message number.

The message number and text displays, along with a detailed explanation of the message
(if one exists). For example, issuing the following command

? 210

displays the following:

(FOC210) THE DATA VALUE HAS A FORMAT ERROR:
An alphabetic character has been found where all numerical digits are
required.