Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How To Remove Double-Quotes from COMT Files.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How To Remove Double-Quotes from COMT Files.
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
How do I remove the Double-Quotes from COMT Files?

What needs to be added to remove the double-quotes from the COMT output?

Code
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DCOST RCOST BY CAR BY MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT COMT
END

Desired Results:
CAR,MODEL,DEALER_COST,RETAIL_COST
ALFA ROMEO,2000 4 DOOR BERLINA,4915,5925
ALFA ROMEO,2000 GT VELOCE,5660,6820
ALFA ROMEO,2000 SPIDER VELOCE,5660,6820

Regular Results:
"CAR","MODEL","DEALER_COST","RETAIL_COST"
"ALFA ROMEO","2000 4 DOOR BERLINA",4915,5925
"ALFA ROMEO","2000 GT VELOCE",5660,6820
"ALFA ROMEO","2000 SPIDER VELOCE",5660,6820

I understand the reasoning behind the use of double-quotes in CSV files. But, my particular application doesn't want them.

Thanks, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,
Just use this syntax instead of the COMT

ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT DFIX DELIMTER , HEADER YES

You can use whatever you want as DELIMITER

Damien
WF 8202
DB : NETEZZA, MSSQL, DB2, ORACLE
Output : ALL

Posts: 11 | Location: Belgium- Luxembourg | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction the following works fine. I was stuck on COMT :
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS myfile FORMAT DFIX DELIMITER , HEADER YES

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, there's always some give and take. While "ON TABLE PCHOLD AS DFIX&YYMD FORMAT DFIX DELIMITER , HEADER YES" works, I lost the ability to name that file (DFIX&YYMD) as is available with COM and COMT. It ignores the AS DFIX&YYMD and creates "WFServlet.ibfs" which, of course, I can SAVE AS anything I want. But, this will be done in RC.

Any thoughts on that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Good answer. And it's better yet.

I stated that "I lost the ability to name that file".

However, the name can be done quite nicely via ReportCaster Bursting with a Dynamic Distribution List.

I knew the solution was in the cobwebs of my brain and found it when I searched for "How To Remove Quotes from COMT"... Smiler

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206