Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Question on Creating a Hyperlink with report output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Question on Creating a Hyperlink with report output
 Login/Join

<Sherry Carbaugh>
posted
We have created a report that the output includes the format for a URL...we are wanting to change the output to be able to be used a link...right now it looks like this...
https://secure.bncollege.com/w...ing=Y&courseXml=?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But the end user who would get the report text does not get a link to click on. Does any know how can we create a link for the report output?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure how you are intending to include the link. Maybe a sample of your code would help.

The easiest way is through a stylesheet where you attach a link to a component (Heading, Column, Column Title, etc.) In this example it is on the heading text:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR
BY COUNTRY
HEADING
"Click Here to go to google"
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=10,
     COLOR='BLACK',
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=1,
     URL=http://www.google.com,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

You could also create a define field that contains the entire URL via href reference which, when displayed in an HTML report, would also provide a link.

When you post your code, please include it in
[code]
[/code] tags. If you post HTML, click on the "Disable HTML" in the Options (or use the code tages.)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<Sherry Carbaugh>
posted
This issue has not been resolved. The suggestions I received were very helpful but did not resolve/solve my issue. Due to the characters contained in the hyperlink, it could not be referenced in the heading are as was suggested.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sherry,

Would you please provide the solution which you used so that we may all bebefit from it?

Thanks, Doug

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I was attempting to help Sherry with a solution, but the complexity of the hyperlink appears to be something that WF cannot handle witht he standard drill-down functionality. What she is trying to do is create a hyperlink which includes several "sets" of data in XML format pass it to a non-WF site. Apart from using several records to create a single URL, her string contained html tags which WF chokes on. I suggested the use of Javascript to produce the link and then using the JS as a drill target instead of a URL, but I'm no JS guru, so that's as far as we got. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Darin, I think your idea of calling a JS function is the right idea. Is there updated code we can look at - I'm not sure what you mean by the hyperlink containing XML data.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sherry - sorry if I took over your thread - your requirement just piqued my interest. Here's an example of the complete URL she needs:

https://secure.bncollege.com/w...ing=Y&courseXml=?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><textbookorder><courses><course dept="SES" num="111" sect="200" term="A09"/><course dept="BAFN" num="305" sect="401" term="A09"/><course dept="MUS" num="140" sect="970" term="A09"/></courses></textbookorder>

It appears that she is passing a set of data for three different courses, attempting to get a listing from the target URL of all the required textbooks.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps encodeURI() in Javascript could help you out. It encodes everything in the querystring but leaves the main part of the URI intact.

Here is an example of how it works.
<html>
<head>
<script>
function example()
{
var stuffToEncode = new String(document.form1.uri.value);
if (window.confirm('Would you like to navigate to this page\n ' +stuffToEncode))
{
window.location = encodeURI(stuffToEncode);
} else alert(encodeURI(stuffToEncode));
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form name="form1">
<input type="text" name="uri" value="paste uri here!" size="60" /><br />
<input type="button" value="encode stuff" onClick="example()" />
</form>
</body>