Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] search in IA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] search in IA
 Login/Join

posted
I have 1st column with date, 2nd column with prod code , 3rd column in location , 4th column is the sales_order_code.
the sales order code is a different for each rows.

Now I want to make a search by which putting sales order code eg XYZ as a dynamic parameter search to first get the date say 10jay18 of XYZ production and then pull out all the production from 9jan18 , 10jan18 and 11jan18.

Is it possible to have a selection +/- 1 day or +/-2 days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now I want to make a search by which putting sales order code eg XYZ as a dynamic parameter search to first get the date say 10jay18 of XYZ production and then pull out all the production from 9jan18 , 10jan18 and 11jan18

Do you mean that you will pick the date from the selected production code ?

If so, you will need to perform in several steps:
1- extract date (10 Jan) for selected production code
2- calculate previous (9 Jan) and next date (11 Jan) from step-1 extracted date
3- extract data from previous to next date (step-2). Using "from xx to zz" will also include the selected date (10 jan) since it's a range

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks Martin,

would you please give me the codes to write to do that.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hey Jay

Just wondering 2 things.

Does this have to be done in InfoAssist (your subject line says "search in IA")?

What release are you on?

Thanks
Toby

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TobyMills:
Hey Jay

Just wondering 2 things.

Does this have to be done in InfoAssist (your subject line says "search in IA")?

What release are you on?

Thanks
Toby

Hi Toby,

yes I am talking of infoassist, I don't know the release number but have the IBI feature code IAP ( don't know where to get what you have asked for).
I do have the App studio license also.
as I am new to Webfocus , please help.

thanks

Jay

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You may consider to take some courses & training. It's going to help you better since the forum is not a training class.
If you don't know the basis it's going to be very difficult to help you.
Using AS or IA may differ and using GUI or code it's also another game depending on which kind of "user" you are.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can generate this in InfoAssist. Here's an example I created using a DEFINE:

-*COMPONENT=Define_ORDERS
DEFINE FILE ORDERS
 Ord_minus_2/HYYMD=DTADD(DT(&ORDERDATE), DAY, -2);
END
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET SQUEEZE=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=ON;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET HTMLCSS=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE ORDERS
SUM ORDERS.ORDERS.SHIPVIA
BY ORDERS.ORDERS.ORDERDATE
BY Ord_minus_2
WHERE ORDERS.ORDERS.ORDERDATE LE DT(&ORDERDATE.(FIND ORDERS.ORDERS.ORDERDATE IN ORDERS |FORMAT=HYYMD,SORT=ASCENDING).Order date:.QUOTEDSTRING);
WHERE ORDERS.ORDERS.ORDERDATE GT Ord_minus_2;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET GRWIDTH 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post