Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Is there a quota on the number of cases you can open in a day?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Is there a quota on the number of cases you can open in a day?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I just submitted my 3rd case for the day and get this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Not that I am aware of, have created several in a day before, no issues.

Perhaps its a back end issue or perhaps just the internet ??

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hallway

No there is definitely no limit, the system must have had a hiccup...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There's an obvious question here that no one has asked . . .

. . . how the heck many did you open before you got this, that you thought you might have opened too many???

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That has happened to me quite a bit over that last 10 months or so. If I had to put a number to it, I would guess 25% of the time. I opened an internal case to look into it, but at the time we were unable to reproduce it.

I've just adapted to it. If I get a failure like this, I just call up and open the case over the phone ... like the good old days.

I've never had an issue updating a case, just opening it.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I just had the error show up again today, but then moments later I got the case created email. #cuzIBI

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yeah John, I just saw this and that was, actually, my first thought... Things aren't so difficult that may case need to be opened... There are so many answers out there before taking it to 'The Next Level' of IRL... Don't ya think?
quote:
. . . how the heck many did you open before you got this, that you thought you might have opened too many???

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Edwards:

As I mentioned in the op, it was my 3rd of the day.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Yeah John, I just saw this and that was, actually, my first thought... Things aren't so difficult that may case need to be opened... There are so many answers out there before taking it to 'The Next Level' of Things aren't so difficult that may case need to be opened...... Don't ya think?

Doug,

Two questions:

• Please explain this sentence. I don't understand:
    quote:
    Things aren't so difficult that may case need to be opened...

• What does 'IRL' mean?

Personally, I would rather figure it out on my own, than wait for a couple of days for support to respond. However, IBI has made their errors so vague now that it is next to impossible to debug anything without opening a case.

How would you tackle this error?

Reporting Server Error
Reporting Server Error Error:Server console error.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hallway

I found a couple of instances of this error on the techsupport site. One solution was to re-boot the machine where the reporting server was running. Stopping and starting the server did not resolve it.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From Hallway: Please explain this sentence. I don't understand:
Question: "Things aren't so difficult that may case need to be opened..."
Reply, rephrased: "Things aren't so difficult that that many cases need to be opened..."

Question: "What does 'IRL' mean?"
Reply: In Real Life... Really: "Info Response Live" ~ But, you knew that, Right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From Hallway: How would you tackle this error?
Reporting Server Error

I'd start off with my colleagues and check here at Focal Point... Then onto IRL...

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
From Hallway: How would you tackle this error?
Reporting Server Error

I'd start off with my colleagues and check here at Focal Point... Then onto IRL...

And then the response will be "Open a case" I'm just saving some steps Wink

I think that I found out what the issue is. If you add an additional contact when creating the ticket, I get the error. When just creating a ticket and the adding another post to include my manager's email, it doesn't seem to happen. [IBI Work Around #9,578,123]

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs: