Focal Point
[SOLVED] running reports - a survey

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7727060296

November 27, 2019, 10:29 AM
DWaybright
[SOLVED] running reports - a survey
We are looking for solutions to run reports in a batch manner -- waiting until SQL Server tables are loaded and then kicking off a group of reports that use those tables.
I'm wondering how others are doing this. We are currently running 8.2.03 in a Windows environment and testing to upgrade to 8.2.06.

Thanks!
--Deb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
November 27, 2019, 10:52 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Deb

Back in the day when I was an SE I had a customer that would create a record keyed by date in a separate table with a flag that showed the SQL tables had been successfully loaded and then would use an Alert to trigger a schedule with multiple tasks.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
November 27, 2019, 04:23 PM
DWaybright
That is an interesting idea. I'm not familiar with Alerts. I will have to look into that.
thanks!

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
December 02, 2019, 11:39 AM
jgelona
DWaybright, several ways to do this. I assume you are wanting to run these batch jobs from Report Caster. You are basically wanting to run a job when a certain event happens. When the event happens, tell Report Caster to run your job. You can do this several ways, using DSTRUN (if it works within your security environment or within an alternate security zone), use Restful Web Services, or use MODIFY to update the next run date/time of the schedule you want to run. If this sounds like what you want, see this link:

Run a Report and Report Caster via batch

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
December 03, 2019, 08:36 AM
DWaybright
jgelona - That sounds like what we want. I'll check it out. Thanks!

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs