Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] EXL2K: How to 'unmerge' FOOTING

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] EXL2K: How to 'unmerge' FOOTING
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
When producing an 'ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT EXL2K' formatted report, the FOOTING lines are merged which prevents users from utilizing 'Data--Sort' within EXCEL. I realize users can just unclick the "Merge" within Format--Cells in EXCEL, but can how can I unmerge them ahead of time (via stylesheets?)

Also, my column data is coming across with an unreadable character preceding the text for each column name. Can I get rid of this as well?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There are different flavors of HOLD FORMATs for Excel, some of which do not include HEADINGs, FOOTINGs, etc.

Try:

ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT EXCEL

or

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and I am aware of the other flavors but need EXL2K for this application.

I need the Headings and Footings, I just want to get the cell 'unmerged'

Anyone else?

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;

Expert
posted Hide Post
In a WebFOCUS report, Headings and footings are simply lines of text, unless you you use style-sheet commands to split the text up and have it placed within report columns. TYPE=FOOTING, HEADALIGN=BODY is used to split the individual items in a FOOOTING, items being text or data-fields.

A quick example:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES

BY COUNTRY
BY CAR

FOOTING
"THIS IS<+0>A FOOTING<MODEL"
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, $
TYPE=FOOTING, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RCOST DCOST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON CAR SUBFOOT
"COUNTRY: " CAR: ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

ira..

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks re: 'unmerging'. The HEADALIGN=BODY took care of that!

Now, how do I get rid of the unprintable characters in the column TITLEs? They appear as little squares before the text when within the Sort option in EXCEL and show up blank when the user clicks on that field to sort. May be character?

Thanks...

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
USING FRABCIS' EXAMPLE AND ADDING IN THE 'ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K' I DO NOT SEE THE UNPRINTABLE CHARS. YOU MENTIONED. YOU CAN ALWAYS DO AN AS '' AND THEN CONTROL YOUR TITLES IN A SUBHEAD FASHION.. HOPE THIS HELPS.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
FOOTING
"THIS IS<+0>A FOOTINGON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, $
TYPE=FOOTING, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
END

Ira....

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Expert
posted Hide Post
I tend to have a line towards the top of my fexes that reads -

-SET &Comma = IF &WFFMT EQ 'EXL2K' THEN ' ' ELSE ',';

and then in the title text i use it thus -

BY COUNTRY AS 'Country&Comma.of&Comma.Origin'

In EXL2K the title would be -

Country of Origin

otherwise it would be -

Country
of
Origin

It can make the columns in MS Eggshell a little wider than required but careful use of the title text can help.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<Sandy Kadish>
posted
On the squares issue:

If at all possible remove from the .mas (MFDs for those with greyer hair Smiler):

1.) Commas in TITLEs
2.) Extraneous spaces in the TITLEs, especially any spaces before or after the single quotes at the beginning of the TITLEs

Report This Post