Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dashboard 7.6 : switching between groupviews

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dashboard 7.6 : switching between groupviews
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi

I just finished migrating our 5.3.3 environment into 7.6.2, i've managed to get it working like it should , but i noticed that , when i log on to our dashboard (i have a admin role ) , i get a page with all available views ( like it was in 5.3.3) , but now when i select a groupview and afterwards go back to the available views page to selected a different view , it still opens the first one , i now have to logoff and login again to select a new groupview

Is there anything i can do to prevent this?

P.S. :

we altered the bid-config.xml

we changed

<internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin"value="true"/>

into

<internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="false"/>

so that users with one groupview are redirected to their groupview.

P.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pete,
Forgot to place the stuff between the code brackets?
This is what it should look like:
Changed
 <internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="true"/> 
into
 <internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="false"/> 

I'm not really sure, but I think the view chosen is stored in the volatile cookie, so that it will return to the chosen view if you don't exit IE or log off from dashboard.
There is something in the back of my mind that says that this is settable somewhere, but I can't remember exactly. Maybe someone else does.....??

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If anyone knows how to change that would make my life easier. We have that same issue and when trying to support someone when you are somewhere else 'so to speak' it's a pain having to log off and on again.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There seems to be some difference in the links on the initial views page and the links on "views" link (open a pop-up window).

The initial views list links to the various views show:

<a class="anchor1" href="/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_INIT_VIEW&WORP_MPV=aa_gbv">

While the links from the "views" pop-up have:

<a href='about:blank' onClick='changeView("/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_CHANGE_VIEW&WORP_MPV=aa_gbv")'>

Calling /ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_CHANGE_VIEW&WORP_MPV=aa_gbv directly from the URL input box allows the view to be changed. You will probably need to edit the code that writes the initial view list page to use WORP_CHANGE_VIEW instead of WORP_INIT_VIEW becasue it looks like WORP_INIT_VIEW is storing state somewhere.

I'll do some more digging and get back to you.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If you change the file WORP_ViewList.jsp (fround in ibi\WebFOCUS76\webapps\webfocus76\worp\jsp\views) to use WORP_CHANGE_VIEW instead of WORP_INIT_VIEW and reload the webapp, then the initial list of views will use the WORP_CHANGE_VIEW request to open the pages.

This allows me to use the back button to return to the initial page and click onto a new group view. I haven't done exhaustive testing, but there doesn't appear to be any problems with using WORP_CHANGE_VIEW.

Hope this helps

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Briljant Stu !!

It works like a charm

Thanks,

P.S. I'm documenting all changes regarding customizing your dashboard in 7.6 , as i did for 5.3.3 , when i finished testing , maybe tony could put it online again.

I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you change the file WORP_ViewList.jsp (fround in ibi\WebFOCUS76\webapps\webfocus76\worp\jsp\views) to use WORP_CHANGE_VIEW instead of WORP_INIT_VIEW and reload the webapp, then the initial list of views will use the WORP_CHANGE_VIEW request to open the pages.

This allows me to use the back button to return to the initial page and click onto a new group view. I haven't done exhaustive testing, but there doesn't appear to be any problems with using WORP_CHANGE_VIEW.

After some testing i discovered that when i make this change , the dashboard doesn't create new users with more than 1 view , only users with 1 view , and ofcourse it doesnt create admin users (because the have access to all views) Grrrrrrr

Any clues anyone?

-Jim Morrison-

Master
posted Hide Post
Is this right?
it fixes the back button issue, but it makes it so you can't create new users with access to more than one view?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In our case , yes !

i've opened a case for this

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A quick update : they were able to reproduce this problem and they are checking with development at this moment ...

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
They are working on a hotfix for this problem, and they will send it to me next week , so fingers crossed

-Jim Morrison-

Master
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know... Was this fixed in a new version?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

posted Hide Post
We've modified the jsp page to dynamically call WORP_INIT_VIEW the first time and WORP_CHANGE_VIEW each additional time. In order to do this, we had to create a variable within the HTML FORM to hold a counter and then JAVASCRIPT checks the counter. It works like a charm.
Add following to the HTML HEAD section:
	<script language="Javascript">
                	function selectView(viewName) {
                        var first_time = document.FORM_NAME.VIEW_CNT.value ;
                        if (first_time == '1') {
                          	document.FORM_NAME.VIEW_CNT.value='2';
	                        var new_location = '/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_INIT_VIEW&WORP_MPV=' + viewName
			window.location  = new_location;
                        } else {
	                        var new_location = '/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_CHANGE_VIEW&WORP_MPV=' + viewName
			window.location = new_location;                        }     	}
	</script>
Add following to the BODY secion:
<FORM name=FORM_NAME><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=VIEW_CNT VALUE='1'></FORM>
Change detail view lines from <a href="/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_CHANGE_VIEW&WORP_MPV=ad_gbv"> (where ad_gbv changes to the appropriate value for each view) to:
<a href="java_script:selectView['ad_gbv')">

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Teradata, Oracle
Windows
Outputs: HTML / PDF / Excel

Posts: 13 | Location: Michigan | Registered: December 09, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there's been a hotfix to make the back error deal?