Focal Point
[CLOSED]Where-based Join from non-focus to focus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7757023976

November 12, 2015, 03:17 PM
capples
[CLOSED]Where-based Join from non-focus to focus
I have a report which I developed in our Dev environment running 8104 and tried to move it over to Production environment which is currently on 8009 and it does not run. It is giving me an error of "(FOC36316) WHERE-BASED JOIN FROM NON-FOCUS TO FOCUS NOT SUPPORTED."

The report runs perfectly fine in Dev. Was there support added after 8009 to allow this Join to function properly or is there some setting that might not be set right in Production? Has anyone else ran into this before? I've verified that the data source it is trying to link to is available in Prod as well.

Here's the bit of code that it seems to be hung up on, which is indeed joining from a SQL table to a FOCUS.
JOIN
 LEFT_OUTER FILE vwloanservcustomertask
 AT VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.TASKNUMBER TO MULTIPLE
 FILE foclossdraftbranchcodes AT FOCLOSSDRAFTBRANCHCODES.SEG01.CIT TAG J4 AS J4
 WHERE ( VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.TASKNUMBER EQ J4.SEG01.CIT ) AND ( VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.VWLOANSERVCUSTOMERTASK.SERVICINGBRANCH EQ J4.SEG01.SERVBRANCH );
 END

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: capples,

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel
November 16, 2015, 05:36 AM
Frans
could you verify if by accident there is a non-FOCUS file on production in some app directory or foccache called vwloanservcustomertask?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
November 16, 2015, 09:29 AM
j.gross
quote:
FOC36316

Apparently such a join was not yet supported in your earlier 8.x release.

Solution is to defer the join: omit the JOIN in the table request against the database table (vwloanservcustomertask), HOLD the result in Format Focus (or Xfocus), and then join the held Focus file to foclossdraftbranchcodes.foc.

Note that, by the nature of the data sources, the join you coded would not be passed through to the database server, so postponing the Join to the reporting step makes little difference in execution efficiency.