Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FILEF is not working in 7.7.03

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FILEF is not working in 7.7.03
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade the WebFOCUS 7.6.11 to 7.7.03. FILEF command is not working in 7.7.03.

The below code is working fine in 7.6.11 but not in 7.7.03
sample code is

TABLE FILEF CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
END

Please let me know is it supports or not?

Thanks in advance......!

Kotesh,
WF7611, xp

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Guru
posted Hide Post
can't find a reference to FILEF.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
END
works.
This difference may be a result of code-tightening which often occurs with new releases.
HTH

jimster06
DevStu WF 7.6.11
W7
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 252 | Location: USA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I can confirm that in 7.6.1 that worked but in 7.7.03 it does not. I have both verions. But what is FILEF? I see no documentaion for it's use? I would agree with jimster, it's code tightening.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
perhaps you meant:

TABLEF FILE CAR

WF 7.1.6 moving to WF 7.7, Solaris 10, HTML,PDF,XL

Posts: 83 | Location: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center | Registered: April 17, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thers's no such thing as FILEF, It's TABLEF, which means, bring the data in exactly as SORTed the step before, or, on initial extract as stored in the table.

Code tightening...

FYI, If you use TABLEF with a BY statement, it becomes TABLE. TABLEF is used "without" a BY statement, per the manual...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your information....!

I have another question. The table is having master file and access file CREATED BY ME, when i retrieving the data getting an error in 7.7.03 but not in 7.6.11. tablename & segmentname are same.

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM
'DST.EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYEE.DEPARTMENT' AS 'DST,EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYEE.DEPARTMENT'
BY 'EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYEE.DEPARTMENT'
END

IS IT SUPPORTS TO TABLENAME.SEGNAME.FIELD?

KOTESH
WF7611,XP.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
SEGNAME is EMPINFO. This should work:
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM 
'DST.EMPLOYEE.EMPINFO.DEPARTMENT' AS 'DST,EMPLOYEE.EMPLOYEE.DEPARTMENT'
BY 'EMPLOYEE.EMPINFO.DEPARTMENT'
END

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI, If you use TABLEF with a BY statement, it becomes TABLE. TABLEF is used "without" a BY statement, per the manual...

This is incorrect. The manual states:

"Any BY phrases must be compatible with the logical sequence of the data source. BY
phrases are used only to establish control breaks, not to change the order of the records."

As far as I know it has worked this forever and I started using FOCUS in 1985.

There is a SET setting, SQLTOPTTF (options are ON and OFF and ON is the default) that will cause TABLE to become TABLEF when possible when accessing SQL data sources. But TABLEF never become TABLE.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Good Catch Tom, Thanks for bringing that up.
quote:
Thers's no such thing as FILEF, It's TABLEF
I continued to read this just ot to see who (if anyone) would catch it...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
But TABLEF never become TABLE.

Really?

For those long term hand coders out there (using char based FOCUS), this should bring back a few (haunting) memories?

SET PAGE = NOLEAD
TABLE FILE CAR
BY HIGHEST COUNTRY
END

TABLEF FILE CAR
BY HIGHEST COUNTRY
END

LET TABLEF = TABLE

TABLEF FILE CAR
BY HIGHEST COUNTRY
END

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
FOUL! You have a LET statement in there to change the meaning.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Pat,

Yes indeed, but who remembers the countless LET statements that were being used?

LET TFC = TABLE FILE CAR SUM RCOST DCOST BY COUNTRY BY CAR BY MODEL

TFC
END

BTW, I wouldn't suggest anyone who is not au-fait with using LET actually use it to any degree! It could cause you more grief than joy!!! You have been warned!

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I think you are getting to the point where you are going to confuse all the newbies. BTW, I've retired.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, I've retired.

Congratulations Pat, I didn't know Smiler May it be long and happy!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Congrats Pat!

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post