Focal Point Banner


As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at myibi@ibi.com and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.


Connect to myibi
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]"Error retrieving data for control" when migrated from WebFOCUS 8104 to 8105

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]"Error retrieving data for control" when migrated from WebFOCUS 8104 to 8105
 Login/Join
 
Gold member
posted
Hi All,

Recently we migrated from 8104 to 8105 and suddenly all the launch pages which were working perfectly in 8104 started throwing ‘Error retrieving data for control’ for each of the controls on the launch page, before getting the ‘Done Populating’ message at the bottom of the page.

It looks like it is also taking more time in loading due to this.
Did anyone else have seen such issue in past. Any suggestion is highly appreciable.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,


WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com
 
Posts: 51 | Location: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 | Registered: June 19, 2014Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
We saw the same thing as we are in process of re-writing our older HTML’s and trying to complete them in HTML Composer. We have a lot of Hidden Input controls that did not have assigned values. We ended up removing those that didn’t have values as we had like 30 of them causing the page to take like 15 seconds pre-load and it would cycle through what you are describing above. What we ended up doing is assigning values to start for those that are required, but we are now in process of setting the values to !IBI.AMP.ampername; to allow launch fexes to pass the value to the HTML.

Hope this helps.


WebFOCUS 8.1.05
 
Posts: 496 | Registered: January 04, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is not a good thing as we may well be upgrading to 8.1.05 soon and page load times are critical for us.


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

 
Posts: 6349 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello,

Were the HTML pages created originally in HTML Composer? Have you tried opening them in App Studio, saving, and closing? This can correct some problems with upgrading.

-Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator
 
Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
i am facing similar issues , created HTML page in app studio , i see few errors "Error retrieving data for control.." which is impacting few existing functionality like save & schedule features .

Tried to reproduce the message with simpler version of HTML , found when controls are renamed causing all these issues ..

Any pointers will be helpful.

-NK


WF 8.1.05 / APP Studio
 
Posts: 4 | Registered: December 20, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
This issue is still not resolved. It is communicated with IBI and they would be looking to get to some solution on this. Looks like WebFOCUS 8105 have many issue specially with launch pages. Recent issue is with Save Parameter option.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh


WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com
 
Posts: 51 | Location: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 | Registered: June 19, 2014Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pravin.Singh:
This issue is still not resolved. It is communicated with IBI and they would be looking to get to some solution on this. Looks like WebFOCUS 8105 have many issue specially with launch pages. Recent issue is with Save Parameter option.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh


Are you saying that you are having an issue with a parameter not being passed from a launch page to a fex? I'm having an issue with some static radio buttons. I can run fine in 8008, but when I test in 8015m, the html it passes the description rather than the actual value of the radio button. Has anyone else noticed this?


WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
 
Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Never mind about the parameters not being passed correctly. It looks like there has been some code tightening between 8008 and 8105m. I always has checked "send display value" when I built my html, thinking it meant to send the selection at runtime. Apparently I was mistaken as this means to send the description value instead of the value itself. Got away with it in 8008, but cannot any more.


WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
 
Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

Read-Only Read-Only Topic

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]"Error retrieving data for control" when migrated from WebFOCUS 8104 to 8105

Copyright © 1996-2020 Information Builders