Focal Point
[CLOSED] Create a report using Document Composer that can be edited

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7777016495

December 01, 2010, 04:21 PM
Andrea
[CLOSED] Create a report using Document Composer that can be edited
I have a report that I have created in document composer that uses multiple reports to produce the output. The current format is PDF, however, the user needs to edit the information after the report is created with special comments. Is there a way to feed the report to a Word document so they can edit it and it will keep the general format of the way the report is set up? Or does anyone know of a way around this? The option of using an excel document and uploading to a Micrsoft Mail merge is not the way I want to go either, to cumbersome in building it that way.

Any ideas? Thanks! Andrea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio / Report Painter / MRE
Unix / Solaris
Outputs: Excel, HTML,PDF
December 01, 2010, 04:34 PM
Waz
As its in PDF, perhaps a PDF editor would be the way to go.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

December 01, 2010, 04:46 PM
FrankDutch
Word is not an option, I have tried this some time ago with several options, but the result was not what you should like.
Waz suggestion could be the way to go
An other one is putting the remarks in a database and recreate the report after they made there remarks. (not easy I know....)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

December 01, 2010, 05:19 PM
Waz
I have done Word documents before, but using EXL2K format returning as DOC format, it sort of works, but does not respect pagebreaks.

Here is my try.

DEFINE FILE CAR
 PageBreak/A200 = '</FONT></TD></TR></table><span><br clear=all style=''mso-special-character:line-break;page-break-before:always''>'
                | '</span><TABLE X:STR BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><TR><TD>' ;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"DOC Test"

PRINT CAR MODEL BODYTYPE
BY    COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOOTING BOTTOM
"<PageBreak"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD, BACKCOLOR=YELLOW, COLOR=BLUE, $
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CAR, COLOR=RED, $
 TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=14, COLOR=PURPLE, FONT=ARIAL, $
ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE HOLD AS H_DOC2 FORMAT EXL2K
END

-RUN

SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DOC

-HTMLFORM H_DOC2

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!