Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Re-opened - Unable to correctly parse MASTER File xxxxxx

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Re-opened - Unable to correctly parse MASTER File xxxxxx
 Login/Join

posted
We are transitioning from DevStudio 7705 to DS 8009. I have a single fex that creates several hold files. This fex is "-INCLUDED" in another fex which uses the hold files. In DS 7705, this worked perfectly. However, in DS 8009, I get the Error Parsing MASTER File error screen when I try to run the calling fex.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you solve it? I have already changed the paths for the report style sheets and the "-INCLUDE" in accordance to DS 8009.

01/27/2016 - Additional Information
The message only appears when I try to explicitly access the hold file for a DEFINE or REPORT, etc. However, if I just run the calling fex, the file is apparently accessed without any trouble. I was given sort of work-around in which the hold file is written to the FOCCACHE. This allows the file to be accessed by DEFINEs and REPORTs, but only temporarily. After about 2 or 3 hours, the error comes back because the file disappears (is automatically deleted). Where were hold files kept in DevStudio 7705 that they cannot be located in DS 8009? What do I need to do to be able to work with a hold file created by another fex?

Here is a sample of the problem using the CAR file:

CAR_SUB.fex code begins.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
CAR.BODY.SEATS
CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
CAR.BODY.SALES
CAR.WARANT.WARRANTY
CAR.EQUIP.STANDARD
BY LOWEST CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
BY LOWEST CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDCARA FORMAT FOCUS
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

CAR_SUB.fex code ends.

CALL_CAR_SUB.fex code begins:

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/rdw/u73826/CAR_SUB.fex
TABLE FILE HOLDCARA
PRINT
HOLDCARA.SEG01.COUNTRY
HOLDCARA.SEG01.CAR
HOLDCARA.SEG01.MODEL
HOLDCARA.SEG01.FOCLIST
HOLDCARA.SEG01.BODYTYPE
HOLDCARA.SEG01.SEATS
HOLDCARA.SEG01.DEALER_COST
HOLDCARA.SEG01.RETAIL_COST
HOLDCARA.SEG01.SALES
HOLDCARA.SEG01.WARRANTY
HOLDCARA.SEG01.STANDARD
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

CALL_CAR_SUB.fex code ends.

Attempt to open Report Painter using hold file HOLDCARA. HOLDCARA is not in the presented list of tables and files. Nor can it be found when explicitly entered. This is where I get the Unable to correctly parse MASTER File error.

In this particular example, CALL_CAR_SUB and CAR_SUB are in the same folder. However, the same error occurs when the called (or included) fex is located in the GLOBAL folder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M Ward,

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 12 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: April 02, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do the other fexes work?

Can I see the code for this particular fex?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Yes, the fex that is acting like a subroutine and creates the initial extract works just fine. It is the calling fex that uses the included fex that will not run.

Let me see if I can re-create the problem using the CAR file.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 12 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: April 02, 2013Report This Post