Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] 12 Month Average for each selected month of the Employees

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] 12 Month Average for each selected month of the Employees
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I have a graph. Which have 2 filter. One is year and one is months(multiselect).
The Query is-
If i select year 2015 and months (Jan,Feb,March),Graph will populate 3 bar for each Employee group.
Every bar have average value from selected month to last 12 months back data.For Example-
Bar 1 which is Jan - Average data of(Feb 2014-Jan 2015.)
Bar 2 which is Feb - Average data of(March 2014-Feb 2015.)
Bar 3 which is March - Average data of(Apr 2014-March 2015.)

Please Provide the Needful solution ASAP.

Thanks in advanced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Do not start with the chart straight away.
First, for each employee and month, get the average for prior 12 months.

Just an example of how i would handle it,

Have two hold files.

1st containing Employee and YearMonth columns.
2nd hold file containing Employee, YearMonth and metric column.

Then join or merge two files on Employee and built the logic to get average for prior 12 months.

There are also other ways like Mcguyver technique etc..

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
-DEFAULT &MYYEAR = 2015 ;
-DEFAULT &MYMONTH = 3 ;
-SET &ENDYYM = &MYYEAR * 100 + &MYMONTH ;
-SET &startyym = AYM(&ENDYYM , -13 , 'I6YYM');

-SET &bar1_start = &startyym ;
-SET &bar1_end = AYM(&startyym , 11 , 'I6YYM');
-SET &bar2_start = AYM(&startyym, 1 , 'I6YYM');
-SET &bar2_start = AYM(&bar2_start, 11 , 'I6YYM');
-SET &bar3_start = AYM(&startyym, 2 , 'I6YYM');
-SET &bar3_start = AYM(&bar3_start, 11 , 'I6YYM');
-? &b
-* that command will show you the &vars you've calculated so far
DEFINE FILE THING
DATEYYM/A6 = YEAR | MONTH ;
END

TABLE FILE THING
SUM VALUE
AND COMPUTE bar1/I8 MISSING ON =IF DATEYYM FROM &bar1_start TO &bar1_end THEN VALUE ELSE MISSING ;
AND COMPUTE bar2/I8 MISSING ON =IF DATEYYM FROM &bar2_start TO &bar2_end THEN VALUE ELSE MISSING ;
AND COMPUTE bar3/I8 MISSING ON =IF DATEYYM FROM &bar3_start TO &bar3_end THEN VALUE ELSE MISSING ;
BY EMGROUP
BY DATEYYM
IF DATEYYM FROM &STARTYYM TO &ENDYYM
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-* now take a peek at your data to make sure you like it, then proceed
GRAPH FILE HOLD
SUM AVE.bar1 AVE.bar2 AVE.bar3
BY EMGROUP
...whatever else you need
END

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post