Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Run ReportCaster Schedule from MVS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run ReportCaster Schedule from MVS
 Login/Join

posted
Is there way to call a ReportCaster schedule from FOCUS on the Mainframe? I tried DSTRUN with the same parameters that work in WebFocus but, as I figured, it didn't work. Are there any other options? Thanks.

FOCUS 7.2
ReportCaster 5
Webfocus 5.3.3

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Look at my response to the post below:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/...371009331#4371009331

We have a fex that we run in batch that writes to the BOTSCHED table and kicks off Caster schedules. I don't see why you couldn't EX it in a TSO session as well. (NOTE it does update production records on BOTSCHED). I'm not sure if writing directly to BOTSCHED is something IBI supports but it has worked for us for years.

If interested I can send the code.

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
codermonky,

I am interested in seeing the code. Thanks.

Production/Test: WF 7.1.4, WIN2K3 Server

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in rsponding. Ok. The daily JCL contains the following:
EX CCTRW568 SCHEDID=S10folq7qp1

Here's the code for CCTRW568:
-* DESCRIPTION : For a given SCHEDULEID number this fex: *
-* 1. Updates NEXTRUNTIME field in BOTSCHED *
-* The Daily JCL JOB sets the field to 7/24/02 when the job is *
-* ready to run. Setting the field to a time in the past allows *
-* the JCL to control when the RC job will execute. *
-* will execute *
-* CALLED FROM : Daily/Monthly JCL Job *
-* Gain access to botsched thru the sink machine
DYNAM ALLOC DD FOCSU DA FSYS1E.FOCUS.SINKDEVE.FOCSU.DATA SHR REU
USE BOTSCHED ON FOCSU
END
-* Retrieve the record to be updated
TABLE FILE BOTSCHED
PRINT SCHEDULEID
WHERE SCHEDULEID EQ '&SCHEDID'
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-* Modify the retrieved record
MODIFY FILE BOTSCHED
FIXFORM SCHEDULEID
MATCH SCHEDULEID
ON MATCH COMPUTE NEXTRUNTIME='00000000000000000001027528200000';
ON MATCH UPDATE NEXTRUNTIME
ON NOMATCH REJECT
DATA ON HOLD
END
-RUN
DYNAM CLOSE FILE FOCSU
DYNAM FREE FILE FOCSU

Couple of things to note:
- We use FOCUS databases as our Caster repository.
- The FOCUS databases reside on the mainframe.
- We are using a REALLY old release in PROD (WF 4.3.5) so the fieldnames may differ slightly in your version of Caster.

It's pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have questions.
T

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the code sample. Unfortunately I don't think we can use it. Our tables are located on our WebFocus server instead of on the mainframe. I will keep that in mind for when we upgrade Webfocus. We might look into moving those tables.

Thanks,
ft

Production/Test: WF 7.1.4, WIN2K3 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry it didn't help. I have seen some examples on tech support where they set up JCL on MVS that executes RDAAPP and executes a fex on the Windows server. The fex in Windows runs DSTRUN to run a caster schedule. I don't know much about it but it might be worth looking into. I believe there might be documentation in the Caster self-service app manual. Good Luck.