Focal Point
[CLOSED] Print an HTML report in PDF format without header and footer- javascript?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/779104445

October 08, 2010, 03:40 PM
ibiweb
[CLOSED] Print an HTML report in PDF format without header and footer- javascript?
I have a report that I output to HTML. When printing in PDF through IE, it will print header with "WebFOCUS Report Page 1 of 1' and footer with url of report.

I am thinking that I might need some javascript that I can integrate in my fex file so user can click on javascript link . I try the following code but it does not work:
PRINTURL/A900= Print ;

-*PRINTURL/A900= greater a href="#" onClick="window.print()" onMouseUP="document.getElementById('header').style.display='None';document.getElementById('footer').style.display='None'"> Print
any suggestions?

thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus Focus
Unix
Windows
October 08, 2010, 04:24 PM
GamP
Tip: When entering code, do it between the code tags, these will be inserted when you click on the < / > icon.

Now to your print question.
IE does this. You can not control it from outside the browser, because it is a personal preference. When you click on 'File' and then 'Page Setup ..' then you can specify what IE should print as header and/or footer. This is, as far as I know, the only way to change these settings.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988