Focal Point
[CLOSED] Messages Window

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7797094496

September 29, 2020, 02:48 PM
evan.brown
[CLOSED] Messages Window
I'm working on an html page in my new 8206 environment. When I click my control (button) to launch a fex, I get this little "messages" window that pins itself to the upper left-hand corner of my panel. There are no words in the window, just controls to pin, close, etc. Does anyone know what causes this window to appear and/or how to make it go away? It looks like it only does this the first time I click my button. Looked at the AppStudio guide but I did not see this mentioned. Not sure it matters, but it works the same in IE and Chrome. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
September 30, 2020, 09:13 AM
Sellerman
Hey Evan. In my experience, when you are setting up a control to execute a FEX procedure, it gives you the option of where the 'output' of that procedure should end up. It sounds like you've selected the 'Frame' option, which typically opens an iframe at the top-left corner of your page. You should be able to see this frame when you open your page for editing in App Studio. I typically just set the visibility of this iframe to hidden so I can use it for all my fex calls without it interrupting the user experience.

WF Enterprise Edition
Windows Server 2016 x64
WebFocus / App Studio 8207.16
September 30, 2020, 09:32 AM
evan.brown
I am aware of all the output options (window, iframe, infowindow, etc.). This is definitely not an iframe. This is a window that you can pin, minimize, etc.

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)