Focal Point
[CLOSED] Performance issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7797098526

November 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
MrM
[CLOSED] Performance issue
I have composed a html page with three reports in it. All three reports use the same SQL. Is there a way to run the SQL once, and share it over the reports.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
November 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
Severus.snape
You could always use HOLD files to do this.
If by a HTML page you mean you have embedded reports then this might need to HOLD the data set in a APP folder. But the HOLD file needs to be created on the go based on an event (click on the html page).
Simpler and suggested way is to go for External reports. The whole HOLD file generation (build once use many times) becomes easier. Also this way you need not APP HOLD them they can be temporary.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11
November 06, 2012, 08:15 AM
MrM
Hi

What do you exactly mean with External reports, run all reports by including them in one application? But how can you position them say report1 on top and two reports below site by site.
November 06, 2012, 08:58 AM
Severus.snape
Hi,

Multiple ways of doing this...use iframes or best still if all the 3 reports are being generated with same HOLD file in same fex use HTMLFORM and position the reports using ON TABLE HOLD AS HTMTABLE/HTML.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11
November 09, 2012, 12:25 AM
MrM
Okay,

I thought so, that this were the options I will try them out.

Thanks for your Help