Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] "Upload datafile utility" yields error as shown below.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] "Upload datafile utility" yields error as shown below.
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum. But I have been seeing many really useful tips posted on the forum. Also, I feel I would get some help regarding an issue I am facing when I am trying to upload a text file from a shared drive on my PC using "Upload datafile utility".

What I am basically trying to do is,

1) I have a sample.txt file which is a comma delimited file in my shared drive [P:/].
2) Would like to report out of the sample.txt file data in WebFOCUS for which I need a master file first.
3) So, right clicked on Custom Reports folder from MRE browser and clicked on "Upload datafile", which gave me option to browse the sample.txt file and checked all the other options.
4) Finally, I got a window giving me options to edit the field names, format,alias,etc. It all worked well till here.
When I have to select the "Applications path" where I need to save the master file that is created during the process, I am not able to find the "Master Files" path in the drop-down. So tried giving there a folder which is one-step above to Master Files folder ie., Master Files folder falls under MMIS folder. So gave MMIS in "Application Path" because I could only see MMIS option in "Applications Path" drop-down. In this process, I see an error that "Error: Unable to save datasource to Master File" Caused By: [(foc1560)EDAPUT: FILE mmis/sample.txt WRITING ERROR].

I would be thankful if anyone could help me out figuring out what causing me this error.

Thanks
Tejo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Product & Release: WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Op. Sys: Linux for x64 64 bit
O/P formats: HTML & PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if this is the problem reason, but I would suggest you put the file on the application server

We have created a directory on the server that is name INBOXFTP and as you might understand we can upload files there by FTP .
Once done, this is the source for further steps.
I hope this might help you.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
created a directory on the server

Frank,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Can you guide me how to create a directory on the application server?

Tejo

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I am sorry I can not, it is something done by our technical department.
The creation of the directories is of course not the problem, since we already did that in the DOS time. But the techs made it to an FTP directory and available for the whole company.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Frank

Thank you once again for all the useful information.

Will research on this.

Thanks
Tejo