Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Painter
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a report that when I try to open it in report painter I get a message Box saying "Not enough resources to complete the operation". My coworker can open the file. I have 1 gig of ram my coworker has only .5 gig. What is the issue? If any one has any ideas I would be thankful.

Posts: 103 | Location: ricmmond va | Registered: September 30, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This has happened to me periodically. I recall that I closed WF suite and opened it up again. Then after reopening it, all was well.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I have seen this before.

In the Report Options dialog box, View tab... try changing the zoom setting to a lower percentage and/or limit field lengths to a smaller number. These settings only affect the painter 'preview' not the report output.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Secret,

I've seen this error too. This's always helped me:

Troubleshooting Error "Not enough resources to complete the operation"
Applicable to: WebFOCUS Developer Studio Release 7.1.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In WebFOCUS Developer Studio, the error "Not enough resources to complete the operation" may be displayed while building reports. This error is caused by a lack of video memory resources and generally occurs when building wide reports.

This issue seems to be encountered more often while using VMWare images as these images use a lot of video resources and may occur while building simple reports.

On newer workstations and notebooks that have at least 32 MB, the issue is generally not encountered.

To resolve this issue, test each option below one at a time. Usually, performing steps 1 or 2 will correct the issue.

While in the Report Painter, access the Page Setup dialog from the File menu and change the Paper Type from Screen to Letter.
Change the Zoom for the Report Painter to 75% (from the default of 100%).
Shorten field widths when possible.
Close applications that are running to free up video memory.
In WebFOCUS Developer Studio 7.1.1, a new option was added to the Page Setup dialog of Report Painter. If Screen is selected as the Paper Type, an option is enabled that sets a default virtual screen size for the work area. This applies only to design time, and the default is set to 20 inches (50.8 cm.).

WebFocus 7.1
Developer Studio

Posts: 35 | Location: Tallahassee,Florida | Registered: March 16, 2007Report This Post