Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SOLVED: Google Map External Procedure Not Correct Format Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SOLVED: Google Map External Procedure Not Correct Format Error
 Login/Join

posted
I have been trying to pull in an external procedure for a layer in the Google Map control. Every time I get the error:

The file .../app/prospect_map.fex does not produce correct output format.

From what I could find on Focal Point and the technical help, this is because of an error in the external file. However, I am not getting any errors when I run the XML. Below is the last section of my code. I have the marker field to an A10 and the latitude and longitude fields to D10.7c and it outputs to an XML file. The DF_PIDM is our ID field that I wanted to use as the tooltip.

Is there something I am missing? Thank you in advance!

DEFINE FILE CA_FINAL
LONGITUDE/D20.7c=LONG;
LATITUDE/D20.7c=LAT;
MARKER/A10=DECODE RANGE_NUM(0 'redicon' 1 'blueicon' 2 'yellowicon' ELSE 'greenicon');
END
TABLE FILE CA_FINAL
SUM MARKER
BY LATITUDE
BY LONGITUDE
BY RANGE_NUM
BY DF_PIDM
ON TABLE HOLD AS CA_2FINAL FORMAT FOCUS
END

TABLE FILE CA_2FINAL
SUM MARKER
BY LATITUDE
BY LONGITUDE
BY DF_PIDM
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cdeal,

WebFocus 7703

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like it should work but you might want to check:

• Where is CA_2FINAL written to? Is the file deleted prior before you try to create it? Maybe, you have already have an existing focus file in your application folder but the format(or data type) of the fields are not the same as what is expected by google map?
  • Instead of D20.7c, try just D20.7
  • Do you need to use a SUM? Looks like a PRINT would work.

Year(s) of experience in WebFOCUS: 5+. Using WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Windows platform with Oracle/SQL Server.

Posts: 41 | Registered: September 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your feedback. I tried switching it to D20.7 and using a PRINT but neither of those provided a solution. CA_2FINAL is a HOLD file so it should work ok. When I just run the procedure that I am trying to pull in, I get an XML file with no errors.

Here is a bit of the XML file output. Does anyone happen to see anything incorrect here? It looks ok to me and that it should be pulling in ok as well.

Thank you!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
-<fxf data="hold" version="1.0"> 
-<report rows="4252" columns="4" lines="4252" records="4252"> 
<target version="" destination="HOLD" type="" format=""/> 
-<column_desc> 
<col title="" valign="right" reference="" property="" help_message="" accept="" description="" focus_format="D20.7" width="23" datatype="float" alias="E01" fieldname="LATITUDE" colnum="c0"> </col> 
<col title="" valign="right" reference="" property="" help_message="" accept="" description="" focus_format="D20.7" width="23" datatype="float" alias="E02" fieldname="LONGITUDE" colnum="c1"> </col> 
<col title="TOOLTIP" valign="right" reference="" property="" help_message="" accept="" description="" focus_format="P9" width="9" datatype="float" alias="E04" fieldname="TOOLTIP" colnum="c2"> </col> 
<col title="" valign="left" reference="" property="" help_message="" accept="" description="" focus_format="A10" width="10" datatype="char" alias="E05" fieldname="MARKER" colnum="c3"> </col> 
</column_desc> 
-<table> 
-<tr linenum="1" linetype="data"> 
<td colnum="c0" rawvalue="25.9375"> 25.9375000</td> 
<td colnum="c1" rawvalue="-81.7223"> -81.7223000</td> 
<td colnum="c2" rawvalue="238647"> 238647</td> 
<td colnum="c3">redicon</td> 
</tr> 
-<tr linenum="2" linetype="data"> 
<td colnum="c0" rawvalue="26.0111"> 26.0111000</td> 
<td colnum="c1" rawvalue="-80.1211"> -80.1211000</td> 
<td colnum="c2" rawvalue="231675"> 231675</td> 
</tr> 
-<tr linenum="3" linetype="data"> 
<td colnum="c0" rawvalue="26.1436"> 26.1436000</td> 
<td colnum="c1" rawvalue="-81.7979"> -81.7979000</td> 
<td colnum="c2" rawvalue="243311"> 243311</td> 
<td colnum="c3">greenicon</td> 
</tr> 
-<tr linenum="4" linetype="data"> 
<td colnum="c0" rawvalue="26.1436"> 26.1436000</td> 
<td colnum="c1" rawvalue="-81.7979"> -81.7979000</td> 
<td colnum="c2" rawvalue="303400"> 303400</td> 
</tr> 
</table> </report> </fxf>

WebFocus 7703

posted Hide Post
Turns out there is a 1000 marker limit from Google. I put in a record limit and the procedure pulls in just fine.

WebFocus 7703