Focal Point
[CLOSED] Get Parameter Value dynamically - Page Designer Webfocus 8206

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7827086196

September 18, 2019, 12:37 AM
Madhumitha
[CLOSED] Get Parameter Value dynamically - Page Designer Webfocus 8206
Hi All,

Am using page designer webfocus 8206, i developed charts using info assist

My requirement is: Need to add "Export to Excel" option in the Menu and when the user click the "Export to Excel", the chart data should get download in excel in a tabular form

I able to add "Export to Excel" in menu and when user click am using window.open to execute the procedure to download the data into excel. Please find the below code
/********Assign Static Values***********************************
var CLIENTID1 = '000050';
var CURRCLIENT = 'USD';
var SUBCLIENTID = '_FOC_NULL';
var CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_FROM = '20180101';
var CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_TO = '20190916';
var WFHTML = 'XLSX';
/*******************************************************************
var myurl = '/ibi_apps/run.bip?BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_LAUNCH&BIP_folder=IBFS%253A%252FWFC%252FRepository%252FReDi_RedShield%252FFraud%252FFraudSubTab%252FExport_Procedures%252F&BIP_item=Fraud_Items_by_Recommendation_Value_Export.fex&CLIENTID='+CLIENTID1+'&SUBCLIENTID='+SUBCLIENTID+'&WFHTML='+WFHTML+'&CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_FROM='+CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_FROM+'&CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_TO='+CLIENTDATE_YEAR_D_TO+'&CURRCLIENT='+CURRCLIENT;
window.open(myurl,"_blank");

the above code is working fine with static values and able to generate the excel output

Problem: how to get the selected parameter values dynamically in page designer?

I tried by giving like below
var proc_name = '!IBI.AMP.CLIENTID;';
alert(proc_name);

but getting error. Can anyone please help how to get the parameter value dynamically in page designer to pass in window.open

Thanks,
Madhu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
September 19, 2019, 01:02 AM
Frans
Are you editing the pages by hand? Normally in Infoassist there is an option to let the user choose the format, if you have such a report in Page designer it will automatically recognize the new parameter and you can add it to the page.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.