Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Sharing] Curious Little Bug Introduced by 7.7.04

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Sharing] Curious Little Bug Introduced by 7.7.04
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
7.7.04 -- This code throws an error coming out of SQL*Server:

TABLE FILE WEEKLY_SUMM
SUM AVG_WAIT_TEXT
BY UNIT_NAME AS ''
ACROSS SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT/MDY AS ''
WHERE WEEKLY_SUMM.SEG01.OFFICE_SIZE EQ 'Large Offices';
WHERE DATEDIF(SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT, '&YYMD', 'D') LE 120
END

From SQL*Server --

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 169 (HEX: 000000A9) XOPEN: 42000
: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: [42000] A column has been speci
: fied more than once in the order by list. Columns in the order by list m
: ust be unique. [42000] Statement(s) could not be prepared. [] Deferred p
: repare could not be completed.

This code does not throw the error:

DEFINE FILE WEEKLY_SUMM
SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT_MDY/MDY = SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT;
END
TABLE FILE WEEKLY_SUMM
SUM AVG_WAIT_TEXT
BY UNIT_NAME AS ''
ACROSS SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT_MDY AS ''
WHERE WEEKLY_SUMM.SEG01.OFFICE_SIZE EQ 'Medium Offices';
WHERE DATEDIF(SERVICE_WEEK_END_DT, '&YYMD', 'D') LE 120
END

I'll almost assuredly forget this and come to the forums to look it up, so I may as well put it here now so I can find it quickly later.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Adding a format to a sort column never used to supported (I think!) so I'm surprised that this runs through to the SQL parsing stage.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It ran in 7.7.03M on the same server. Our upgrade appears to have invalidated the practice.

I'll be honest -- the older versions were far more forgiving than they should have been and it wouldn't surprise me if this is plugging a hole. But it's an odd error to get for the condition, so I wanted to get it up where it could be found with a search.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The error is not odd because when you use the option to change the format of a column, WF creates a COMPUTE so in fact you have 2 columns, the original and the formatted one.

What IS ODD is that this passed the WF parser!

As you said, WF is quite forgiving, in fact too much so, and when a "hole gets plugged", customers become vocal...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post