Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] how to change the column title dynamically

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] how to change the column title dynamically
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am using below car example. I am displaying each type of car details in each page. Now i wanted to display car name as title for Sales column.

Present table column titles are displaying as below.

COUNTRY CAR SEATS DEALER_COST RETAIL_COST SALES

If car name is "Jaguar" then i need to display like below.

COUNTRY CAR SEATS DEALER_COST RETAIL_COST JAGUAR

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.BODY.SEATS
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
     CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
     CAR.BODY.SALES
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
 ON CAR.COMP.CAR PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
     FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
     SIZE=9,
     STYLE=BOLD,
     HEADALIGN=BODY,
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

can you please help with this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: santu,

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Maybe here ...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Literally I was just talking to Product Management that I always wanted this feature, but it can't be currently done easily (Francis pointed you to some ideas, but they all basically involve doing SUBHEADS instead of column headings. It is almost like a CAPTION, but there are all kinds of rules that would have to be in place (as you said, if it is based on CAR, then there has to be a PAGE-BREAK on CAR. Please open a request for a new feature through INFORESPONSE ONLINE, so I have real customer requests. and business cases. I'll add mine: I came from the insurance industry, and thought that different policy holders might call the same thing by different names, so if I were producing a report bursted on policy holder I could use the name they used.

WEFOCUS - All releases starting at 4.3.6
MF FOCUS -- All releases starting at 3.8.68
OS/Platfor _ Predominately Z/OS, but all others as swell
Expected Output Format -- *

Posts: 60 | Location: 2 penn | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Santu,

Maybe this: Change Title on PAGE-BREAK

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of your ideas....

Danny -SRL : I followed your logic.

Thank you very much to all.

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF