Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Info Assist Row Total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Info Assist Row Total
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have report which was created in Info Assist and must remain in Info Assist with the ability to open the report in the editor tool and make modified.

I have an across sort and 2 by sorts.
I also have 2 sum columns.

I need a grand total column however when I add a row total I am returning a row total for each of my count columns not an overall row count.

Is there an option I am missing.

Example

..............A........B........C........TOTAL
............SC..UU....SC..UU....SC..UU....SC..UU
Dodge Car1...1...3.....2...5.....4...4.....7..12
......Car2...4...1.....1...2.....4...6.....9..9
......Car2...4...3.....2...3.....6...6.....12..12

*I want the total column to be:
Total

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 7.7 and WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Lynsi,

How can you have
Total

when, as far as I understand your request and sample, it must be
Total

which is the total for last two columns (SC + UU) for each rows ?

This could be a way to perform what I think you want
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM COMPUTE GTOT/I9C = SEATS + UNITS; AS 'Grand Total'
BY COUNTRY
BY BODYTYPE
SUM SEATS/I4C
    UNITS/I7C
BY COUNTRY
BY BODYTYPE
ACROSS CAR
ACROSS-TOTAL AS 'Sub-Total'
WHERE BODYTYPE EQ 'SEDAN';
END

I've used the multi-verb option

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Here's a more readable example:

..............A........B........C........TOTAL
............SC..UU....SC..UU....SC..UU....SC..UU
Dodge Car1...1...3.....2...5.....4...4.....7..12
......Car2...4...1.....1...2.....4...6.....9..9
......Car2...4...3.....2...3.....6...6.....12..12

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lynsi,

If I understand you well, you want to have a total column which sums the full row.
This is a solution (using the CAR file):

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
COMPUTE TOT=RCOST+DCOST; NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
SUM RCOST DCOST
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS SEATS COMPUTE GTOT=TOT; AS Total
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post