Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Scroll Bar Removal on Charts Created in 8.0 or 8.1 and Imported to 8.2

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Scroll Bar Removal on Charts Created in 8.0 or 8.1 and Imported to 8.2
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Everyone,
I read the post [SOLVED] Removing Scroll Bars for Report/Chart on Portal, and I think I understand what it is saying about the chart and graph sizes. They should be small enough to fit the containers. I don't know if that's my issue. I have a series of bar vbar charts, all of which were designed in 8.0 or 8.1.

The charts are set like this:

ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 875
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 400
ON GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 1
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
ON GRAPH SET STYLE * 

In the iframe on the html page on which the charts are placed, I set the scrolling to "No." According to everything I read, that should take care of the issue; it does in 8.1 anyway.

Recently we began the upgrade process. These same charts are in 8.2 now and causing extra scroll bars on the html page. I checked to make sure the scrolling was still set appropriately. It is still set at "No" on the page; nonetheless, we see horizontal and vertical scroll bars. I experimented by changing the chart size in the fex; nothing happened to improve the situation.

The iframe populates another iframe on a main page. That main iframe is set at a height of 631, so it should be tall enough.The vbar chart has a height around 550, give or take.

Clearly I am missing something here. Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind, thast AUTOFIT will resize the chart to the browser/iframe.

Any WebFOCUS HEADING and FOOTING will not be taken into account.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

Waz brings up a good point. If there is a heading/footer in the chart make sure the option to embed them in the chart is set or you will definitely see scroll bars

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your replies.

In the end, the solution ended up being to adjust the height and width of the iframes themselves.

I have a different question though. I have tables also brought in from 8.1. Adjusting the frame sizes removes the html page's scroll bars. I did that in conjunction with adding this to my stylesheet:

TYPE=REPORT,
	 HFREEZE=TOP,
	 SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO,
$

I have dropdowns at the top of my html page. Depending on the dropdown selection, a user might look at a single store or an entire listing of stores. In 8.1, the single store does not display a scroll bar to the right in the table itself whereas the listing displays the scroll bar. This is my preferred look; however, in 8.2 we see a grayed out scroll bar for the single store. Is there a way to turn that off altogether in the stylesheet?

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

Sorry for the delayed response.. I don't know the answer, if it is still a concern please open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post