Focal Point
minor trouble with Multiselect OR

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7841038522

April 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
Jason K.
minor trouble with Multiselect OR
I'm having trouble trying to create a Multiselect OR without having to create a list of values for it. I'm using an HTML form to pass values to it, so I'd just like to allow multiple selection.

In my .fex I've taken some of the code and duplicated it in order to avoid syntax errors, but it's sloppy to say the least.

WHERE FACILITY_CODE EQ &FACILITY_CODE.(OR(FIND STORE_NAME IN MATRIX_DIV_MTD)).FACILITY_TEST.;
WHERE STORE_BUDGETED_NUMBER EQ &STORE_CODE.(OR(FIND STORE_CODE IN MATRIX_DIV_MTD)).STORE_TEST.;

As you can see, I simply pointed these ampersand variables toward the same field in a datasource. Is there any way to simply create an (OR) without having to reference a file in my .fex?

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
May 08, 2007, 05:00 PM
Kerry
Hi Jason,

Can you please let me know, are you using Dev Studio to build it? You do have an option when build the request to use dynamic or static lists.

Thank you in advance for clarifications. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.