Has anyone developed in maintain application a help desk/work order application that I could look at?
Create a help tracking module that manages all incoming work or help orders/issues posted by customers.
Features: Level R=Required, W=Wish list
- Ability for user to request via email or the web for a resolution on an issue � R level
- Notification of work order reception to customers via automated response
- Assign work order to a technician with classification of problems (ie of classification: Features not working, Enhancements etc..) and a priority level � R level
- An automatic email would be send to customer with case number, link to track history resolution and link to technical contact � R level
- Be able to reports on current and outstanding issues � R level
- Automatically communicate work order status to end users � W level
- Search capability for customers to view self help solutions � W level
I haven't seen a dedicated help desk application, but have seen an application we use at IBI to track proof of concepts for customers.
If you use the tools to design the data dictionary for such an application, and you are using WebFOCUS 5.2 (5.2.3 is best), you can use Update Assist to generate the User Interface and maintain logic to do add/change/delete, plus navigation, validation and search.
Let me know a bit more about what information you want to capture from the application's customers. Maybe we can design the app right here in the forum?
|Powered by Social Strata|