Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dashboard 3 tabs - graph Issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dashboard 3 tabs - graph Issue
 Login/Join

Master
posted
here's a weird one. I have a little dashboard. It has a few dropdowns for selection and a run Button. Below the dropdowns is the dashboard area with 3 tabs:

1)Tab 1 - Contains an FML Report

2) Tab 2 - Contains a regular HTML Report

3) Tab 3 - Contains two simple graphs

I hit the run button and everything quickly refreshes. I see my FML data on the default tab, tab1. I click tab 2 and see more data. I click tab 3 and see my graphs but they are squished.

If I hit the run button again, while on tab 3 (graph tab)...it refreshes and renders the graphs fine. In fact the only time the graphs render ok is if I hit run while on the graph tab. Otherwise they appear squished.

Ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
any ideas?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
What's your setting for ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I do not have that code in my graphs at all..perhaps that is an issue? I do not see it in the fex as a set option; ie click the diamond then SET etc.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
or is it an option in the GUI for the graph itself..

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Neither the OFF nor ON setting makes a difference in how the graph renders on the 3rd tab.

If I default the form to open to the 3rd tab where the graph resides its fine. If it opens to the other tabs (desireable) then its squished until you hit refresh while on the graph tab.

Any way to fix this?

FYI, when I say tabs, these are tabs within a single form.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Any one have any ideas...right now I have to put a note on the tab saying to click the run button again...does not leave the tool in a good light....I cannot figure out why this happens....

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Robert

If you haven't you should open a case with techsupport to see if they have a solution.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither the OFF nor ON setting makes a difference in how the graph renders on the 3rd tab
I have seen that the AUTOFIT is duplicated when using the GUI. So, edit it text and verify that it's only in there once. If not, removed the 2nd occurrence of it.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,

Please expand upon your release - WebFOCUS 8 is not precise enough Smiler

Also please explain how you have built your "Dashboard" - e.g. is it a Portal on which you are dropping resources from the resource tree, adding them as a new Tab each time?

I have just added three reports / charts into a Portal Page and have no issue, so we need more information (as always Wink) to be able to advise.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
wf8008

AUTOFIT is nowhere to be found.

Its on our portal. On major Tab called: Reports, then criteria sits at the top then there are 3 tabs below on same page. 2 Data tabs and the graph. I had to default the thing opening to the graph to get it to display correctly. Of course if the user goes to a data tab and picks new criteria and refreshes from there....its squished again. You must be on the graph subtab for it to refresh correctly.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
wf8008

Ok, that's earlier than I have available to me so I can't advise unfortunately.

I don't suppose an upgrade is in the pipeline for your company?

Unless someone out there has 8.0.08 still and can try it, I would suggest contacting Tech Support maybe?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post