Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Browser Crashes When Using Calendar Control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Browser Crashes When Using Calendar Control
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have a WF report which has a HTML filter page attached to it, and one of the controls in the filter page is the calendar (date picker) control, when ever i select a date from the date control the browser crashes(automatically gets closed)without throwing up an error.What could be the probable reason for this behaviour.
Im currently using IE 6 and WebFocus 7.6.4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Posts: 68 | Location: Hyderabad | Registered: March 18, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, Saggy, that is very interesting because I just opened a ticket with my internal help desk on this very issue. It was reported to me by one of the business developers last week and I was able to reproduce it with a sample page.

So let us compare notes to see if we are having the same problem. I am also using IE6. The calendar control is set up for relative dates and it is croaking on 2008 dates. I do get an error and it is related to module mshtml.dll. First I select 2008 as the year, then January, then 1 for the day. Often I get the abend just when I select January. If I select a 2009 date first then re-select the calendar control, I am able to get a 2008 date in the box.

Let me know if this is what you are experiencing.

I also intend to open a case with IBI to see if they have heard anything about this and if we can blame it on Microsoft. Big Grin

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
mshtml.dll

IE security issue
quote:
Solution Section

In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu > click Internet Options; On the
Advanced tab, scroll down to the Security section of the list. Select the
"Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" check box, and then click
OK.

One of the things you could do is test in Firefox,Opera or chrome.

If you cannot install because of local client security issues they all have portable versions
that do not write registry entries so no admin rights are required.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <JG>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, JG, but that did not solve the problem. And yes, I did close all my browsers before testing.

What I don't understand is why more of the developers are not complaining. And/or their user base.

I will test in another browser.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I tested with Firefox and it worked just fine. It really does point to IE.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yah Ginny i am facing the same problem, IE goes down when i select dates of 2008.When i type them or select dates of 2009 and come back to select dates of 2008 it has no problems.Let me know if u make any progress on this.The option suggested by JG is already in effect on my browser.

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
That is exactly what we are experiencing. There was a security patch push a couple of weeks ago that may be the culprit. I have opened a ticket with our internal help desk and they set it to level 2. I am waiting to hear from them. When I get a resolution, I will post it.

Ginny

posted Hide Post
Ginny, Saggy,
IBI has found this problem. Hotfixes are being created to fix it in various releases. You'll need to open a case with Customer Support for the hotfix.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch and will do.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ginny Can you let me know how to open a Case with IBI.

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

<JG>
posted
Goto InfoResponse Online - Information Builders

Select the Case Management link on the right of the page.

You can then open a case.

You will need to enter your site code which your WebFOCUS admin will know if you do not.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
FYI to all interested in this problem. I did receive a new calendar js file from CSS. However, when I applied it in my test system, the calendar widget did not show on my web page when I ran it. It shows up in the HTML Layout Painter. I have updated the case with this information.

To makes matters worse, it no longer repros on my machine. It does fail on my user's machine.

I will keep you posted on further developments.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I recieved a hotfix from IBI as well, after opening a case with them.I placed the JS sent by them in the below folder C:\ibi\DevStudio76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\js is this the correct path?
but after doing that the problem still persists.what can be done from here??

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Saggy, why did you close this post? The issue is not yet resolved. Did you update your case to indicate that the JS file did not fix your problem. I did update mine and IBI is still working on it.

I will continue to update this post until there is a resolution as information to everyone.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
yah ginny , i have updated my case with the same.Btw i did not close this post it was done by the admin i guess.Can we reopen it?.Anyways, thanks for your inputs.

Unix & Windows
Excel,HTML,PDF,PPT,AHTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
saggy,

Posts are never closed (they can't), the only thing that can be done is to add a keyword to the post description. You can do this yourself, by going to your first entry in this post and edit it. You can then remove the [CLOSED] keyword from the description.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Some of users have just started reporting this and from reading this post it does not seem like it was resolved fully for you.

Can I ask how you guys are getting on now and what was required to fix it?

Thanks

Mark

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I received a new (2nd one) calendar js file from Tech Support last week and applied it to my test system and it appears to have resolved the problem. I will be applying it to my production server this week.

While I have heard that there is a Microsoft patch, my internal help desk was not inclined to find it and apply it.

BTW, it didn't affect everyone; just a few machines.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

Thanks for that update. It is only happening very occasionally for us too.

I will raise a call log with IBI and refer them to this post, hopefully they will be able to send us the same JS file.

Cheers

Mark

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Case number is 51272523. Feel free to reference it.

Ginny