Focal Point
How to execute a Stored Procedure of Oracle Database in WebFocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7861067331

November 09, 2003, 09:58 AM
<iamvijay>
How to execute a Stored Procedure of Oracle Database in WebFocus
I know how to give the syntax for sqlserver to excute a strored procedure for file hold. I got this syntax through some examples like below.

-* File mySQL.FEX
-DEFAULT &YEAR='2003';
-DEFAULT &WEEK='20';
SET SQLENGINE=SQLMSS
SQL EX [server].DBASE.DBO.SPROC &YEAR,&WEEK;
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS MPHOLD
END

Now, i want to know the syntax for the execution of the stored procedure in Oracle. Like, where can i give the user name and password .., etc. ?

thanks in advance,
With regards,
Vijay
December 05, 2003, 01:37 PM
<monte2000>
Hi there, Vijay.
The iWay Data Adapter Administration Guide discusses executing Stored Procedures and should help.

Monica
Smiler
December 14, 2003, 01:04 PM
GCohen
I went to the Iway data adapter document, but
I could not find anything on the topic of
Remote Procedure Calls. What page is it on?
December 15, 2003, 02:10 PM
<monte2000>
It is in "Getting Started in Oracle" chapter. This can be found in Chapter 27 (page 649 of 1094). Specifically the information on Stored Procedures starts on page 27-29 (or page 677 of 1094.)

Smiler
December 16, 2003, 01:16 PM
EricH
A suggestion about using stored procedures:

Stored procedures are not portable between different RDBMSs. A stored procedure written for SQL*Server will not work on Oracle/DB2/etc since the stored procedure languages are different.

*IF* you are developing a brand new system *AND* there is any possibility that you will need to migrate/port your system to a different RDBMS in the future, then you should consider putting the logic of your procedures into WebFOCUS. WebFOCUS can do pretty much anything that a stored procedure can do and it is portable between RDBMSs (of course you may have to make adjustments if you are using a datatype in one RDBMS which is not available in the other.)