Focal Point
[CLOSED] Chaining Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7877073276

August 26, 2014, 11:40 AM
Enigma006
[CLOSED] Chaining Question
Hello

I applied chaining concept to 4 list boxes and its working fine.
I checked an option to "Add make a selection" option for each list box.

When HTML page loads initially, only 1st list box is populated completely with focus on "Make a Selection".
Once I select an option, then 2nd list box populates and when selected something 3rd list box populates etc..

Is there a way to populate all 4 boxes with all values when page loads and then chaining to work as usual when a value is selected??

Please let me know

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
August 26, 2014, 02:24 PM
MartinY
Uncheck the option : Add 'No selection' option.

This option force the have the first value selected prior to display values in second list and so on.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
August 26, 2014, 02:36 PM
Enigma006
quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Uncheck the option : Add 'No selection' option.

This option force the have the first value selected prior to display values in second list and so on.

Thanks..what is the difference between "Add ALL Option" and "Add No Selection Option"?

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All
August 26, 2014, 03:26 PM
MartinY
The "Add 'All option'" put first option to "All" that is equivalent to pass FOC_NONE or _FOC_NULL to your fex. So depending how you code your fex it will ignore the related WHERE clause. But it will populate all chained control without any filter on them.

The other one is similar; it will also ignore the WHERE clause in the fex if no selection is made. But it will populate the chained control only if a selection is made filtered on that selection.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
August 26, 2014, 03:43 PM
MartinY
quote:
only difference seems to be populating at launch and after selecting options

and populating response time : with "All", if you have list box with many values it can takes a while prior to have all list populated...

In Focus since 2007