Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Stored Procedure in WEBFOCUS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Stored Procedure in WEBFOCUS
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I am a begginer in webfocus8.0 and want to know whether a stored procedure implemented in DB2 can be executed from webfocus (MRE editor).

if yes, then can anyone please provide the syntax how to use that in webfocus?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You can try like below code:
SQL SQLMSS SET SERVER &servername
END
SQL SQLMSS

EX DENEME.DBO.sifre_kontrol &AUDITOR,'&PASS';

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS TT
END
TABLE FILE TT
PRINT *
END

It should work.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com

Posts: 51 | Location: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 | Registered: June 19, 2014Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
For DB2 you use the following syntax:

SQL DB2 EX schema.storedprocedure ?/'&PAR_ALFA', ?/&PAR_NUM;

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
END

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin vK:
For DB2 you use the following syntax:

SQL DB2 EX schema.storedprocedure ?/'&PAR_ALFA', ?/&PAR_NUM;

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
END

Martin.

Hey Martin i dont understand "?/'&PAR_ALFA', ?/&PAR_NUM" ?
what does it mean.Can you please elaborate
thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
DB2

I used below way to use stored procedure of SQL server and Oracle database. May be the same will follow for DB2.

For that you need to configure a Adapter of your DB2 data base. After configuring, select the configured adapter, right click on that-> create synonym-> select 'stored procedure' form 'Restrict object type section to' -> choose your database ->apply filter if needed -> click next -> select your SP click next-> Add default input value and click create synonym. After creating this synonym , You can use this as a report synonym applying with where filter.

I am hoping that this will work for you.

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Avinash:
quote:
DB2

I used below way to use stored procedure of SQL server and Oracle database. May be the same will follow for DB2.

For that you need to configure a Adapter of your DB2 data base. After configuring, select the configured adapter, right click on that-> create synonym-> select 'stored procedure' form 'Restrict object type section to' -> choose your database ->apply filter if needed -> click next -> select your SP click next-> Add default input value and click create synonym. After creating this synonym , You can use this as a report synonym applying with where filter.

I am hoping that this will work for you.

Hey Thanks Avinash.
but actually i am using managed reporting for coding and as per my knowledge this editor doesn't contains any setting menu to do all these configuration.so if u have any other way out than please advice.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Martin i dont understand "?/'&PAR_ALFA', ?/&PAR_NUM" ?

In case the stored procedure requires input parameters, this is the way to pass alphanumeric and numeric parameters.

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just use the synonym builder GUI in the Data Management Console. It takes care of everything for you.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post