I checked out the (FOC3230) HTTP REQUEST RETURNED ERROR: 404 (EXCELSERVURL) However, What's The Difference, where can the EXCELSERVURL setting be different when running a fex from within a portal as opposed to running it from AppStudio?
I am getting the (FOC3230) HTTP REQUEST RETURNED ERROR: 401 (EXCELSERVURL) when I run my fex from a drilldown on a chart which resides in an HTML page from within my PORTAL.
However, I DO NOT GET this error when I run my fex from a drilldown on a chart which resides in an HTML page directly from AppStudio.This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,
I am not sure why it would be different with App Studio. I found a case on techsupport with the same error and here are the steps used to solve it.
1. From the WebFOCUS Client select Administration from the available menu options and select Administration Console from the drop down menu.
2. On the Configuration Tab under Application Settings select Client Settings
3. Look for Excel Server URL and check the value set in the edit box. The default setting here is DEFAULT.
4. Highlight the word DEFAULT and replace this with a blank space
5. Save your changes in the Administration Console
6. Re-run the Excel procedure.
Thank you for using Focal Point!
Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
Is App Studio pointing to the same Reporting Server as the Portal?
WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
Thanks Guys... I'm checking and will reply when I get that information.
Thanks again. This issue came up again and I searched for "FOC3230 401 EXCELSERVURL" and found this...
|Powered by Social Strata|