Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dates Calculation
 Login/Join

<Vijaya>
posted
Can somebody please help me with some dates calc.

I am using the following to calculate the 1st date of this month and the current date.

-SET &START_DATE = EDIT(&DATEYYMD,'99999999') || '01';
-SET &END_DATE = &DATEYYMD;

I need to calculate the 1st date of last month and the last date of last month.

These have to be variables as I use them with conditional 'if' statements.

thanks
vijaya

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
FOCUS and WebFOCUS have a number of powerful date functions. They can be examined in the Technical Documentation Library that is accessible from the upper right of this screen.
Check EOM and BOM.
HTH

Posts: 252 | Location: USA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
End of month, use the DATEMOV function:

-SET &EOMDATE =
- DATECVT((DATEMOV((DATECVT(&SYSTEM_DATE,'I8YYMD','YYMD')),'EOM')),'YYMD','I8YYMD');

The DATECVT function is required in Dialog Manager to convert the text date into a date format.

End of last month, use the AYM command to subtract one from the current month, then use the DATEMOV function:

-SET &WS_YYMM = EDIT(&SYSTEM_DATE,'999999');
-SET &WS_YYMM1 = AYM(&WS_YYMM, -1, 'I6');
-SET &WS_YYMMDD1 = &WS_YYMM1 || '01';
-SET &EFFDATE =
- DATECVT((DATEMOV((DATECVT(&WS_YYMMDD1,'I8YYMD','YYMD')),'EOM')),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-END_ME_DATE

I hope this helps.

Report This Post
<Vijaya>
posted
Thank you. I had tweak it a little. But this worked. Thanks once again.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is a variation of the intial request.

I find working with functions fairly easy when using them with fields, but tend to have difficulties when using them with amper variables.

How would you change &START_DATE's value from I8YYMD to MtrDYY?

For example 20070122 should be traslated to January 22, 2007.

Thanks,

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Almost, very easily:

-SET &START = 20070122;
-SET &NEWSTART = CHGDAT('YYMD','MDYYX',&START,'A17');

Gives JANUARY 22 2007

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nice.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alan

Did you use the function to do this in your mother language?

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes Frank, just coming to that.
-SET &START=20070122;
-SET &YY = EDIT(&START,'9999');
-SET &M = EDIT(&START,'$$$$99');
-SET &D = EDIT(&START,'$$$$$$99');

-SET &NEWM = DATETRAN (&M, '(M)', '(tr)', 'EN', 40, 'A40');

-SET &NEWDATE = &NEWM || (' '| &D | ', ' | &YY);
-TYPE &NEWDATE

Gives January 22, 2007.

Change EN to PT gives Janeiro 22, 2007.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John and Vijaya,

Try this:
-SET &NOW='20070122';
-SET &SHOW=DATETRAN(DATECVT(&NOW, 'I8YYMD', 'DMYY'), '(MDYY)', '(trD)', 'EN', 40, 'A40') ;
-TYPE &NOW &SHOW

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh Nice. Forgot about DATECVT.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is a book by John Price which discusses EVERYTHING about dates which you may want to buy a copy of.

"(almost) 1001 Ways to Work with DATES in WebFOCUS"

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Danny,

EXCELLENT!

Mickey,

What's the ISBN # of the book?

hanks,

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi John,

Information Builders is now the worldwide, exclusive publisher of John W. Price's Keysheet Guides, previously published by Aviter Inc. The (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work With Dates for WebFOCUS book can be purchased through our Technical Documentation Library website: http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterindex/keysheet_manuals.asp

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daniel
wf 7.1/WinXP/IIS/SSA
www.srl.co.il

I admired your website....
looks impressive.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post