Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] !IBI.FIL - limitation??

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] !IBI.FIL - limitation??
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a limitation to the number of !IBI.FIL in a -HTMLFORM?

I have 70 HTMLTABLE hold off's and I am putting them between -HTLMFORM BEGIN and -HTLMFORM END (running it from caster). I notice that till the 41st it looks good, but from the 42nd one eventhough I get the report styling is not being applied. The size of the HTLMTABLES are almost same.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neenz,

WF: 7.6.8
OS/Platform: Windows, Unix

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you tried running the fex from outside ReportCaster? ReportCaster can be a bit idiosyncratic.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes I did try to run it from dev studio too. But I get the same output where the styling is not being applied.

Expert
posted Hide Post
How many rows per report?

Do you have -RUN commands in the correct places, e.g. before the -HTMLFORM BEGIN?

Are each of the HOLD files named differently?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes! I do have -RUN .
And the max number of lines in each hold is 10.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Might be time for trial and error. Try running your -HTMLFORM with report 42 only. If that works correctly, then begin adding previous reports (41, 40, 39, etc.) until it breaks again. Do you have ENDSTYLE commands for each report?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a bug, or a limitation of some kind.
I tried the code below and after 31 reports the styling stops getting applied, but this only happens if HTMLCSS is ON. Commenting the HTMLCSSS line makes the styling work, but you don't get some HTML CSS styling.

-SET &ECHO=OFF;

SET PAGE=NOLEAD
-RUN

-REPEAT END_REP FOR &COUNTER FROM 1 TO 50

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD&COUNTER FORMAT HTMTABLE

HEADING
"REPORT NUMBER &COUNTER"

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $
TYPE=HEADING, COLOR=NAVY, STYLE=BOLD, $
TYPE=TITLE, COLOR=BLUE, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.HOLD&COUNTER;
-HTMLFORM END

-END_REP

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I dug a little deeper - took a look at the HTML source and found that the styling for report #32 and greater is actually commented out.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ah! That sounds wierd. But glad that it works when I commet out HTMLCSS.

But the styling looks good on PDA devices even when HTMLCSS is not commented out.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks every one!! Please let me know if it is a known limitation.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The problem may have to do with how many CSS classes are generated in the whole fex: .x1, .x2, .x3... .x213...

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem may have to do with how many CSS classes are generated
In which case I would recommend controlling the styling yourself by using CLASS=[css class] in the ON TABLE SET STYLE * and apply your CSS file within the -HTMLFORM BEGIN section.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I too ran the above code and it seems that it is printing all the 50 report data...upto 32 as styled and onwards not styled..

but when i viewed the source code of the report output i am seeing below warning at the end of file

(FOC757) WARNING. YOU REQUESTED PRINT * OR COUNT * FOR A MULTIPATH FILE

when i searched this code i got following lines.

The PRINT * and COUNT * commands causes the left-most path in a file to be referenced. If
the file has more than one path, data which is not part of the left most path is not printed or
counted.

Seems to be truncating some data.

Anmol.

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
That particular error is actually a warning and it's about the PRINT * - nothing to do with the styling issue. You could change the code to say PRINT COUNTRY and the styling issue will behave the same way.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to implement same way of reports in PDF? Using a Counter...

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Remove the NOBREAK option if you want the reports on separate pages.

SET PAGE=NOLEAD
-SET &MAXNUM = 50 ;
-REPEAT ENDREPEAT1 FOR &COUNTER FROM 1 TO &MAXNUM
-SET &COMPOUND = IF &COUNTER EQ 1 THEN 'OPEN NOBREAK'
-                ELSE IF &COUNTER EQ &MAXNUM THEN 'CLOSE'
-                ELSE 'NOBREAK';
TABLE FILE CAR
 PRINT COUNTRY
 HEADING
  "REPORT NUMBER &COUNTER"
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF &COMPOUND
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $
  TYPE=HEADING, COLOR=NAVY, STYLE=BOLD, $
  TYPE=TITLE, COLOR=BLUE, $
 ENDSTYLE
END
-ENDREPEAT1

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post