Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Removing Title and Footnote 'space' from graph image

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Removing Title and Footnote 'space' from graph image
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Greetings-

I'm working with the graph functionality within a focus executable. I've been trying to figure out how to remove the space above and below the graph reserved for the titles and footnote. Our customers want very rich web pages. That space will be seen as wasteful to them.

I've looked through the WebFOCUS documentation set and the Perspective for Java Programmer's Manual for ideas on how to remove the whitespace, but the space always seems to be rendered. Most of the samples in the documentation sets do not seem to have this problem.

Is there some setting on the report server or graphics package that I'm missing? I've tried tweaking settings using ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE as well as SET _GRAPHVAR_=value. I just can't seem to find the magic setting anywhere.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

My graph code looks similiar to this:

GRAPH FILE METRICS
SUM
VAL_COUNT AS 'TOTAL'
BY
REPORT_KEY
WHERE ( REPORT_NAME EQ 'MyReport' )

ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setDepthRadius(0); // REMOVE DEPTH
setSize( 600, 300 );
-* I've tried just about every setXYZ() function
-* I could find here
ENDSTYLE

ON GRAPH HOLD AS METRICS FORMAT HTMTABLE
END

-RUN
-HTMLFORM DEFAULT

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If I understand you correctly, I think you are looking to increase the size of the chart frame so that it uses all the realestate inside the chart area. You need to tell WebFOCUS to increase the size of the chart frame to fill the area used for the chart. Use the following command to do this:

setRect(getFrame(),new Rectangle(&CHRTX,&CHRTY,&CHRTW,&CHRTH));

Where CHRTX and CHRTY are the X and Y coordinates of the upper left corner of the chart. CHRTW and CHRTH are the width and height of the chart. The X and Y work on a -16000 to +16000 grid where 0,0 is the center of the graph area. The W and H work on a scale of 0 to 32000. For example:

setRect(getFrame(),new Rectangle(-11000,-12666,25000,25333));

I hope this helps.

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mickey, that's exactly what I needed. Worked like a charm. I tried this once, but ommitted the objectId argument in the setRect() call.

Thanks again for your help.

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
applause. wicked cool!

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post