Focal Point
[CLOSED] Resource Analyzer Size Maintenance Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7917013296

January 09, 2020, 08:58 AM
JulieA
[CLOSED] Resource Analyzer Size Maintenance Question
FocalPoint Community,

My rmldb file keeps growing, and my IT department would like me to see if there is a way to manage its size. I've found what I think is the right section in the manual beginning on page 55.

Resource Analyzer Manual

I've never done anything like this in WebFocus, and our WebFocus staff is limited to a team of three. Neither one of my teammates have ever done this either. So, I'd like to ask if there are any caveats to be aware of at this time.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

January 09, 2020, 12:20 PM
BabakNYC
The doc talks about Archive functionality but I've no idea if that'll help. What dbms are you using for RA and have you scheduled archive?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 09, 2020, 12:30 PM
JulieA
I've not scheduled an archive yet.

Regarding the database, we didn't create a database independent of RA as far as I know.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

January 09, 2020, 12:51 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Julie

The default is to use a FOCUS database you can look at your configuration and it will tell you. On page 64 of the manual you referenced it shows you how to delete records based on a date range. I think it is best to not schedule this task but to run manually. You should definitely make a backup of the database before running the maintenance. If it is a FOCUS database then you simply copy the .foc file to a safe place.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats