Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Caster - Owner to Public

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Caster - Owner to Public
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all
Is it possible to change the Access Options for Report Library in RC Schedules from 'Owner' to 'Public' - I have 100s of RC schedules and I'd like to change the access option to Public for all of them.
I know that it is possible to change the owner of all schedules using Report Caster Global Schedule Update tool. I want to go a step further and change the access option as well.

Please advise!

Thanks
Syed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Syed,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, you can't do that. If we have a group of users who need to access the same schedules, we create a group id and have then create all of the schedules under that id.

Would something like that work for you?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny.
Our users would not be using (modifying etc.) the schedules. Rather, everyone would like to see the reports that get generate in Report Library.
If access option for a schedule is set to 'Owner', only the owner of the schedule gets to see the report.

Hope this makes sense.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I went through the Report Caster help documents. As mentioned by Ginny, it is not possible to change the Access options for RC Schedules from 'Owner' to 'Public'.
To me, this looks like a very basic option that IBI should provide in future releases (not sure if this is present in 7.6.x or later?).
There are other options that I would love to be in report caster tools - for example- changing the distribution option of all schedules created by Report Caster, etc.
Not sure if others are also facing similar issues. Could this be brought to IBI's notice ?

Thanks
Syed

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you want to bring something to IBI's notice, you open a case and ask for an NFR or New Feature Request.

One of my favs is to allow to change the owner of a single schedule as opposed to all of the schedules.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sure. Thanks Ginny. I might end up doing that, since it sure would give me an easy way to do what I want to.

By the way, may I ask why would you not use Report Caster to change the owner of a single schedule? I mean, we can change the owner of a schedule from Report Caster itself ! Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Syed

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can change the owner designation of ALL the schedules for a particular owner to another owner. However, you cannot change the owner of a single schedule. This could also be accomplished by be able to 'clone' or copy across owners.

I have not yet opened cases on these wants and desires.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Gotcha!
Let me see if I'm able to get a case opened.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the advise !

Syed

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
We were able to change the Access options from 'Owner' to 'Public' for all our schedules manually. Since it was a one time activity, we thought of doing it and complete it rather than going the IBI NFR route.
All set now!

Thanks for your inputs.

Syed

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Why don't you check BOT*** tables. All the report caster stuff gets stored in BOT** tables.
I think you can write a simple Sql Update script.
We have recently implemented IBI in our office and I read these tables while implementing report caster.
Hope it helps!!!

WebFocus 7.7.01
Desktop: Windows and Server: Unix
Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
great idea DD!
I am trying to access BOT** tables. Here, the RC info. is stored in FOCUS database. I was able to find the .mas files for these in //ibi/7.1.7/ibi/srv71/home/catalog/botsched.mas

Now I need to get the FOCUS files for these so that I can modify the relevant records.

Any pointers where I could find the FOC files?

Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
They might be in ..../wfs/catalog.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Looked into /ibi/7.1.7/ibi/srv71/wfs/catalog, but the BOT*** FOCUS files are not present in this dir.
Found the following files though:
focussu.foc
ibitrace.fex
inu.log
psprcs00.t3i
pssecsnk.t3i
syscolln.foc
syscollt.foc
sysrpc.foc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll need to stop FDS and then run a utility to create the BOT*** FOCUS files.

http://documentation.informati...wf71_win_install.pdf

I'll update the post if I;m able to access the FOCUS files.

Thanks

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
As it turns out, we have Oracle tables which are being used to store data related to BOT***.
I've asked the team to set up data adapter so that I may access these tables.

Hope it works this time !

Thanks
Syed