Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dropdown values in a Reporting Object from a hold file
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] Dropdown values in a Reporting Object from a hold file
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Lets say I have a reporting object on Car file .
In that all I have is a where condition to a parameter called &MODEL, which gets its values Dynamically. I want o populate this dropdown from a different file with just model values than from the CAR file on which this reporting object is built. How to achieve this.?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 179 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My guess is that you are looking to provide a value for the report parameter &MODEL using a dropdown list based on a different file?

From the GUI, you can do this in the filter-panel where you define the WHERE-clause on CAR.MODEL. In that panel, where you specify to use parameter &MODEL, you can also tell the filter where to take values from.

I'm making an assumption there that it lets you use a different file than the one you are creating the filter on, not sure of that.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1643 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post