Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ***Closed ACTIVE HTML LOOSES WRAP

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
***Closed ACTIVE HTML LOOSES WRAP
 Login/Join

Master
posted
1) I open a fex.
2) I double click a report therin.
3) Now in the GUI for the report,I set Wrap on two columns. I look at the source...indeed I see the Wrap setting.
6) I click save. I run th ereport from here. It's fine.
7)I exit back to the fex. I run it again. It is running fine.

If I ever re-open the GUI again, it removes the WRAPs.

WHY???????? This has been driving me nuts on and off for 2 weeks...I think I finally realized what happening.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobertF,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
You must be talking about InfoAssist, because I remember that happening all the time. It's been a bug for a while.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Master
posted Hide Post
No Dev Studio. The fact that its been an issue is frustrating. I wish they clean up some old stuff like this...makes the tool look bad and frustrates new users.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about posting some sample code that manifests that issue?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I think I should close this...its pretty consistent. If you Wrap a column in the GUI , then go to the Source for the report...you see the stamp. If you exit the report back to the fex then go back into the report, the Wrap gets cleared...ie is gone.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
I've seen, in InfoAssist, I add wrap at the code level and then open it in InfoAssist, it's still there. Soon as I save it within InfoAssist it removes them. They have some odd logic around them.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

posted Hide Post
I've been trying to get column wrapping to work in Info Assist, but have only had success outside of the GUI (ie, I edit the code via Text Editor). However, that means the report is no longer editable via Info Assist.

GavinL, are you saying that there's a way to edit the code, and then still be able to open it in Info Assist after that?

We're currently at WebFOCUS 8.1.04.

WebFocus 8.2.02M
Windows 64-bit

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It's my experience that things like wrap, squeeze and width have weird side affects and the GUI usually hates them. I've seen wrap break several features before.

Our solution was just to never go back into the GUI for anything...

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
GavinL, are you saying that there's a way to edit the code, and then still be able to open it in Info Assist after that?

Yes, but not editing it via AS or DS. I edit through the web UI by clicking "Edit With".."Text Editor", rather than "Edit", which would open it in IA. I find I can make changes there without an issue, unless I start putting some JSCRIPT in it, then I'm unable to edit it in IA from that point forward.

Also note, you will get prompted by the UI on save, if it will not be able to be opened by IA anymore. You can click cancel, but the code changes will remain, just not saved. The error, If I remember is a parsing error.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!