Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     URGENT!!! How to put 2 tabular report (TABLE) in one page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
URGENT!!! How to put 2 tabular report (TABLE) in one page
 Login/Join

<billingboy>
posted
I want to put more than one TABLE command in one page. For now, I believe that everytime i put TABLE....END command it will start new page.
for example:

TABLE CAR
PRINT *
END

TABLE MOTORCYCLE
PRINT *
END

From my understanding, this will make 2-page report. Is there anyway to make both of them display in 1 page.

Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thank you

Report This Post
<Viswa>
posted
Hey

Try this code

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS FIRST FORMAT HTMTABLE
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY MODEL CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS SECOND FORMAT HTMTABLE
END

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

< !-- WEBFOCUS TABLE FIRST >
< !-- WEBFOCUS TABLE SECOND >

-HTMLFORM END

Thanks
Viswa

Report This Post
<ineuxf>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by billingboy:
[qb] I want to put more than one TABLE command in one page. For now, I believe that everytime i put TABLE....END command it will start new page.
for example:

TABLE CAR
PRINT *
END

TABLE MOTORCYCLE
PRINT *
END

From my understanding, this will make 2-page report. Is there anyway to make both of them display in 1 page.

Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thank you [/qb]

Report This Post
<ron>
posted
Each of your TABLE requests will generate a separate query. If you embedded both queries in the same FOCEXEC and run it online, the results of the car query would be displayed first and then the motorcycle query. It is possible that each query could return more data than could be contained on one page. Now, if you route the output of both queries to the same file using OFFLINE, each query would generate a page control character. You could write your own report formatting and WRITE each line to a file.

Report This Post
<BjoernKiehne>
posted
Or try this one:

-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR IBIWF_mreports=frame
-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR IBIWF_mrcolumns=2

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"DETAILBERICHT"
""
PRINT DEALER_COST ACROSS COUNTRY
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN'
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'FRANCE'
WHERE CAR NE 'TRIUMPH'
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"FML Bericht"
""
SUM DEALER_COST ACROSS COUNTRY
FOR CAR
"A und B Autonamen" LABEL TEXT1 OVER
A$$$$$$$$$$$ AS 'A Autonamen' LABEL A OVER
B$$$$$ AS 'B Autonamen' LABEL B OVER
"C und M Autonamen" LABEL TEXT2 OVER
M$$$$$$$$ AS 'M Autonamen' LABEL M OVER
J$$$$$$$$ AS 'J Autonamen' LABEL J OVER
BAR AS '=' OVER
RECAP SUMME=A+B;
AS 'Summe Automarken A und B'
END
-RUN

Greetings
Bjoern

Report This Post
<billingboy>
posted
Thanks for every reply but actually im using FOCUS on UNIX. Sorry I forgot to tell u that. is there any other ways else?

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Printer page? Screen page?
In order to avoid page-breaks in printer or file output, try SET PAGE = NOPAGE combined with the appropiated logical assignment of OFFLINE.

SET PAGE = NOPAGE
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
PRINT LASTNAME
END
-RUN

OFFLINE CLOSE
-RUN[/code]Regards,
Mikel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
<billingboy>
posted
Thanks everyone I fixed it by using SET PAGE= NOPAGE before the table that I dont want it to do page-break and use SET PAGE=OFF before the table that I want it to do page-break

It might sound like a stupid way but it works

Thanks again Smiler

Report This Post
<billingboy>
posted
Thanks everyone I fixed it by using SET PAGE= NOPAGE before the table that I dont want it to do page-break and use SET PAGE=OFF before the table that I want it to do page-break

It might sounds like a stupid way but it works

Thanks again Smiler

Report This Post