Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Auto Prompting not working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Auto Prompting not working
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

How do I make Auto Prompting work ? The procedures which were prompting for parameters on one server are not prompting for parameters on another server(I just copied the procedures from one server to another for testing). Do I need to change any settings ? Can somebody please advise ?

Thank you very much.

Shravan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7.03, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005

Posts: 92 | Location: Carmel, IN | Registered: May 09, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you maybe have Pop-Ups Blocked? That has happened here before.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Prarie,

Actually that is not the case. I am trying to run the procedures from my Developer Studio. Instead of getting Auto Prompting Facility window, I get NO EDA HTML OUTPUT window with error saying
 (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR : &PARAMETER 

Expert
posted Hide Post
Shravan,

Check your WebFOCUS client console, http://yourservername/ibi_apps/console/webfocusconsole.jsp.

Under Configuration/Parameter Prompting, make sure that IBIF_wfdeacribe is set to XMLRUN.

That setup may have been missed in your new config.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

I set it to XMLRUN and tried. (recycled the web server too). It still does not work.(I also tried XMLPROMPT. No luck)

Expert
posted Hide Post
I had this problem two summers ago with WebSphere 5.x and WebFOCUS 7.1. It turned out to be a Java disconnect between the two and we had to upgrade to WAS6 in order to contiue.

While much time has passed and this is probably not your problem, I thought I'd mention it in case it gives you another avenue of research.

It does sound, however, like to need to open a case with IBI.

A final question: Does autoprompting work with other reports other than on that server or is it broken for everthing?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
No, it does not work with other reports too. (On this server.)

Master
posted Hide Post
It needs to be switched on in 2 places

configuration - client settings

1. managed reporting - IBIMR_prompting = XMLPrompt

2. parameter prompting -
IBIF_wfdescribe = XMLRUN

IBIF_describe_xsl_location and IBIF_describe_xsl
both need values.

Change and reboot web server and application server.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, hammo1j. It is working now. Thanks, Ginny. Thanks, Prarie.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
console/webfocusconsole.jsp.

This post helped me too!!! We were scratching our heads wondering why our prompts didn't work!! Thank you everyone

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.

posted Hide Post
We're having the same problem with AutoPrompt not working. It USED to, but after upgrading we had issues and never looked back. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get it working again.

I've verified the following:
1. managed reporting - IBIMR_prompting = XMLPrompt

2. parameter prompting -
IBIF_wfdescribe = XMLRUN

HAMMO1J -

You say that IBIF_describe_xsl_location and IBIF_describe_xsl both need values. In our configuration, only IBIF_describe_xsl has a value ("autoprompt.xsl"). IBIF_report_xsl_location is blank (which the Help says that blank is the default). Maybe our upgrade deleted whatever USED to be in that field back when it was working? Any way, I have NO IDEA what to put back into that field to even test it out. Can someone give me a clue?

posted Hide Post
Update....I misread the parameter name in the original post.

Our IBIF_describe_xsl_location and IBIF_describe_xsl parameters BOTH have values and it still doesn't work.

IBIF_describe_xsl_location = &IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/

IBIF_describe_xsl = autoprompt.xsl
Now what?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Is this a server procedure or an MRE procedure? If it is an MRE procedure, you have to turn the "prompt for parameters" property on for the procedure.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Server procedures (fex files). We don't use managed reporting.